Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

More pizza?

User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

More pizza?

by Alexis Rich » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:54 am

My husband and kiddo went to the Bardstown Road North End cafe for......pizza. Evidently, their party room has been transformed into a pizza place that sells by the slice or whole pie. I was skeptical but both proclaimed it delicious New York Style pie. "As good as Spinelli's?" I asked. Hubby proclaimed it better, especially the crust.

At $3 a slice or 2 for $5 I don't see how you'd go wrong. I imagine this week I'll get up here myself and give a first hand report.

Anyone else given it a try?
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: More pizza?

by SilvioM » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:31 pm

We had a good takeout pizza last night that was thin, crisp, and (bonus) considerably cheaper than the nearby Boombozz or LouLou. I was impressed and recommend it.

As for the slices, I had one a few days ago and it was iffier. The texture didn't hold up, especially towards the middle, and it made me wonder how long the pizzas can sit in room-temp cases and still hold up after reheating. I'll try again, but perhaps not at 3pm when the pizzas look like they've been there awhile.