Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Artesano

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Artesano

by Carla G » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:26 pm

Did I overlook any reviews of forum members that have been there yet? I'd appreciate any kind of feedback or information. Is it good for large parties, kids, extensive wine/beer/alcohol list, ambiance.
Anybody?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Artesano

by Joni L » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:54 pm

Hey Carla!

Just went last weekend. The ambiance is awesome - beautiful design, comfortable, spotlessly clean. It has that upscale-casual feel that I really enjoy. The food was stunning. Every dish was carefully thought out and beautifully prepared. Two of us shared 4 small plates, and each had a sangria and it came to about $65. We did have a full portion of food leftover. I did not note if it would be good for large parties as we sat in the bar area so I could watch the kitchen. I would definitely go again!

As far as wine and cocktails, the list was good but not super-extensive. They offered three sangrias (red, white, and seasonal), a decent list of cocktails and several wines. Service was good (except that our server was a bit over-enthusiastic about explaining the menu and corrected my pronunciation about three times). Other than that little nit, the other servers would grab plates or fill waters when they walked past which was nice. Dishes were paced perfectly, we asked for them as they were ready and the server did a great job of having them fired in stages so we weren't overwhelmed. Fantastic!

Joni
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:19 pm

Here's a thread that is posted previously: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=23225&hilit=Artesano

They really don't have any places that are set up for a large group.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sat Dec 19, 2015 7:27 pm

Thank you Mark, I remember everyone posting about the anticipation but did not know others posted about actually going. Good info. Thank you as well Joni!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:48 pm

Carla,
We've been 3 times so far and it ranks up there with our favorite places in town. Great ambience, and we love the tapas approach with so many different flavors. Don't miss the Woodlands pork charcuterie options. Cocktails we've had were wonderful- try the Run with the Bulls which is infused with aged ham. I find the Ole group restaurants are always kid- friendly; while there is no kid mention I'm aware of, there are several tapas choices that are great for kids. Our 11 year old loves it here. I also found the menu to be surprisingly vegetarian/ pescatarian friendly for the food culture that worships el Puerco. :D