Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dinner at The Patron

no avatar
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

Dinner at The Patron

by Mark Head » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:34 pm

Last night we were doing some post-Christmas shopping out at Oxmoor and decided to grab a bite while we were out. So we headed into St. Matthews and down Frankfort Ave to The Patron. We had dinner there a couple months ago and really enjoyed ourselves and decided to go for a repeat performance.

The place was about half full at 9:00 pm when we arrived and so we were seated right away. The wait staff was excellant, our server was attentive but didn't hover. The 2 page menu has a fairly wide range of options but the shopping trip must have dulled our interest in experimentation, my wife, son, and I all ordered the burger with blue cheese. My son did order a blue cheese ceaser salad (I guess he needed a blue cheese fix).

The burger was wonderful...perfect portion size. The fries on the side had a horseradish catsup for some zing. Everyone agreed that it was one of the best burgers we've had out in quite a while. My 13 y/o son noted that the salad was a bit dry and could have used a bit more dressing.

My wife and I split a nice inexpensive French syrah for $26. No wines over $35 I think. We split a decadent chocolate tort for desert.

All in all a great meal that felt upscale but was easy on the wallet. We shall return.
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:43 pm

Glad to hear it, and glad to have a new review on this place. i used to go a lot, and then just stopped . . . for no good reason except for some inconsistent experiences. I am going to go soon.
no avatar
User

Lindsay Prater

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:15 pm

Louisville, KY

by Lindsay Prater » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:25 pm

I'm so glad to read this. I tried the Patron for the first time a couple of months ago but never found the time to post my own glowing review.

On the evening I went, I had just finished a grueling law school exam, but the Patron's atmosphere, service, and food immediately relaxed and rejuvenated me. Everything - the wine recommendations from our server, our appetizers and entrees, and the delicious pumpkin creme brulee dessert - was pitch perfect. I left wondering why the place didn't get more kudos on here, so I'm very happy to see a positive review.
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

piling on

by Dan L. » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:33 pm

We have also always enjoyed the Patron. We typically go for lunch but we have also been for dinner. The service and food has always been consistent. We have also noticed that every time we are there they are NEVER busy. That's really a shame because it is a wonderful place.
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:23 pm

Ditto Dan L. Every time we go there we enjoy a great meal and great service. Not a single nit to pick any time. And we're always worried because it's not full.