Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Bourbons Bistro

no avatar
User

DeeDee D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:48 pm

Sellersburg, IN

Bourbons Bistro

by DeeDee D » Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:14 pm

This is about a couple of weeks over due, but still thinking about it and had to post. We purchased a GC from restaurants.com for BB and was excited about going. What a treat!! We had such a wonderful time and meal. We started with the most incredible roasted garlic and goat cheese spread. It came out literally bubbling hot in a small cast iron skillet w/ thin, crisp toast points. There was whole roasted garlic on top that were so yummy. This was by far the best goat cheese we have had anywhere. If your a goat cheese fan, this is a must try. For our entrees, Hubby had the filet w/ mashed taters. The filet had a bourbon sauce that he enjoyed. He loved it. I went with the tiger shrimp and pasta. The shrimps were huge and there were at least 10 of them. The sauce and fresh veggies were perfect. These also came out very hot. We were very, very impressed with not only the food but the service and over all feel of the place. Our only regret was that we waited so long to go. But since we are both still dreaming about that goat cheese, out return will be soon. Great job BB.
no avatar
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:28 pm

Thanks! It's our pleasure...that goat cheese is a server favorite btw...
no avatar
User

Perry Parrent

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:13 pm

Bardstown, KY

Bourbons Bistro

by Perry Parrent » Sat Jan 05, 2008 10:31 pm

My wfe and I love the place. We ate there tonight. I had the Pan Seared Sea Bass on a Bed of Creamy Fresh Goat Cheese Polenta topped
with a Roasted Cipollini, Pepper and Shrimp Sauce served with Haricots Verts.(I copied that from the Menu) I have ordered this dish 4 times now. It is the best sea bass dish I have had. I am comparing it to sea bass dishes I have had at Equus, Amerigo, Mitchell's, BoneFish and Kresos in Bardstown. If anyone knows of other good sea bass dishes at other restaurants, please post, as it is my favorite fish.
no avatar
User

Melissa Richards-Person

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:05 pm

The 'burbs of the Ville

Mmmmmm Garlic!

by Melissa Richards-Person » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:28 pm

Oh WOW - I forgot how much I love that roasted garlic and goat cheese app! Now I've got to go back soon!

And while we're on the BB topic, I just want to say thanks for their great service (and patience) when 5 girlfriends and I came in after a show at the KY Center for appetizers, cocktails and desserts. It was probably 10pm, and I think we would have gotten dirty looks from many places as it was closer to closing, but we weren't rushed or pushed in any way, and the server was great to us! I sometimes forget to mention things like this, so since I saw this thread, I wanted to say "great job!"
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Sun Jan 06, 2008 9:45 pm

I had the lobster and goat cheese tart (from the app menu) the other night and it was delectable. I was craving lobster, but wanted to go somewhere I feel comfortable and can dress semi-casually, so decided to forgo lobster and go to Bourbon's. It was such a pleasant surprise to see the lobster and goat cheese tart. It is definitely a new favorite for me. The service is always knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. I know I've said it a thousand times before, but Bourbon's really is one of my absolute favorites.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Bourbon Bros.

by Doogy R » Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:25 pm

I am so glad to see this posted. I received a BB GC for subscribing to the Food and Dining magazine. I had already been looking forward to using it and now I am even more eager to go dine there. I've never been, so could anyone tell me what the dress code is?
Last edited by Doogy R on Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

DMcGarity

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:55 pm

by DMcGarity » Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:23 am

I really like BB. Michael Crouch does a great job with the food and Jason and John are awesome guys that really have a good thing going. Good for them and I wish them much success. As a Chef, it is one of my favorite spots to hang out and get some grub.

Dallas McGarity
Executive Chef
Wildwood Country Club
no avatar
User

Amy Hoover

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:27 pm

Butchertown

by Amy Hoover » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:38 am

I've never been, so could anyone tell me what the dress could is?

I feel comfortable there in a wide range of attire. Most people I've observed are usually business casual to slightly dressy, but I've also seen people in shorts in the summer, and I've seen lots of people in suit and tie.

I would compare it to maybe Uptown Cafe, or somewhere along those lines, for attire.
“Fear less, hope more; Eat less, chew more; Whine less, breathe more; Talk less, say more; Love more, and all good things will be yours”

Swedish Proverb
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Asiatique

by Deb Hall » Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:16 am

Perry,

Haven't been there for a while, but if you love sea bass, the preparation at Asiatique is outstanding and very different from the other restaurants you mention. I highly recommend it.

Deb
no avatar
User

Dan L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 09, 2007 10:52 pm

Second Trip to Bourbons

by Dan L. » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:19 pm

My wife and I enjoyed our second dinner at Bourbons this past Saturday evening. We had a GC that was nearing expiration and needed to be used. I wish we wouldn't have waited so long to use it.

We started with the mixed green salad with blueberries, toasted pumpkin seeds, grilled prosciutto wrapped brie and pomegranate champagne vinaigrette. At first my wife thought that the dressing was a little sour but when she gathered a bite which contained all ingredients the flavors we thought that they balanced wonderfully. The only problem was that we like the prosciutto wrapped brie too much and failed to conserve enough to finish with the rest of the salad.

Both times we have dined there it has been a struggle on what to order. Several things sound wonderful. Next time I really want to try the salmon. The orange bourbon molasses glaze sounds terrific.
no avatar
User

Perry Parrent

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bardstown, KY

Bourbons Bistro

by Perry Parrent » Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:22 pm

Thanks, Deb. I have wanted to eat at Asiatique for awhile now. I will try to get there in the near future.

Perry
no avatar
User

TanyaD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville

by TanyaD » Tue Jan 08, 2008 12:44 pm

Perry,

The sea bass entree at Ramsi's is wonderful!
no avatar
User

Perry Parrent

{ RANK }

Foodie

Bardstown, KY

Borbons Bistro

by Perry Parrent » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:09 pm

Thanks, Tanya. I keep forgetting about Ramsi's. My wife and I are going to try to eat there this weekend.

Perry
no avatar
User

Will Gaines

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:32 am

Louisville

by Will Gaines » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:40 pm

If you are ever in Houston stop at a place called Mark's. Best restaurant I have ever been to with the best sea bass I have ever had. I know this is a bit off base, but I wanted to throw it out there in case anybody is ever looking for a good recommendation while out of town. I was down there for 8 months in 06 and I ate at this place 2-3 times every week.

http://www.marks1658.com/
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:31 am

We went to Bourbon's Bistro last night. Karen had the celery soup app and sea bass entree, which was served with polenta . I had a unique salad of arugula and haricots vert with a vinaigrette and topped with a poached egg. Main course for me was pecan encrusted salmon with a maple glaze served with asparagus risotto. We thoroughly enjoyed all of the food. Even the celery soup, which I thought could be very bland, was kicked up with cumin and a dollop of creme fraiche - my wife loved it.

We haven't been to BB since last spring, but I thought again last night what I remember thinking back then: The dishes are somewhat complicated and convoluted - lots of ingredients, long descriptions on the menu, and many flavors and textures going on. It was uniformly good, though.
Next