Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The Ville Taqueria-Hikes Point

no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

The Ville Taqueria-Hikes Point

by Bryan Shepherd » Mon Dec 14, 2015 9:58 pm

It looks like The Ville Taqueria is coming to Hikes Point on the south end of McMahan Plaza. I rode by there today and it looks like it is almost ready to open.
BShep
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

Re: The Ville Taqueria-Hikes Point

by Mike Hardin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:21 pm

Bryan Shepherd wrote:It looks like The Ville Taqueria is coming to Hikes Point on the south end of McMahan Plaza. I rode by there today and it looks like it is almost ready to open.

It's been 6 weeks since this was posted and they still have brown paper covering the windows. Does anyone have an update?
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Thu Feb 04, 2016 3:10 pm

I ate at the location in St Matthews the other day and they really couldn't give me any specifics, other than to say that it would be opening "very soon".
BShep
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mike Hardin » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:33 pm

I've given up hoping that this is ever going to happen. A friend went in to the St. Matthews location Saturday and the best answer he got was there was a holdup "due to the liquor license. " Considering I've seen zero activity there for several months I'm guessing this is dead in the water.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mike Hardin » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:11 pm

I have zero hope for this location. They supposedly opened on July 19th. I went to Mod on the 21st (it was just okay) and noticed there were only 2-3 cars in front. I tried to go this past Monday but they were closed and no hours have been posted on the door. I went by today at noon and they had a hand written note saying they'd open at 2pm but I haven't gotten to see if that happened. What a train wreck.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:43 pm

That's sad, Mike. The people at the St. Matthews location are really good folks, and they do a booming business. Dunno what's the problem at Hikes Point, but I'll check around and see if I can come up with any news.
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:39 pm

According to their Facebook page they are now officially open. Hours posted as 11 am to 10pm monday thru thursday 11 am to 11pm friday 12 noon to 11pm sat 12 noon to 9pm sunday.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:54 pm

For what it's worth, I just got a text from them with this info:

The Ville Taqueria ALERT! 20% OFF food bill & $6 Margaritas! TODAY & Monday! NEW Hikes Point location opens TOMORROW - 3099 Breckinridge Lane, Louisville, KY
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mike Hardin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:41 am

Sadly I was right. Does anyone know if the St Matthews location is still open?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:20 am

Mike Hardin wrote:Sadly I was right. Does anyone know if the St Matthews location is still open?

I can't testify that it's open today, but - unlike Hikes Point - it's always crowded, and I get a discount coupon text from them every weekend. Their Facebook page was updated with a daily special yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/TheVilleSt.Matthews/?fref=ts

Nothing is certain in the restaurant world, but I would be very surprised if the St. Matthews branch shut down.
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mike Hardin » Wed Nov 30, 2016 1:41 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Mike Hardin wrote:Sadly I was right. Does anyone know if the St Matthews location is still open?

I can't testify that it's open today, but - unlike Hikes Point - it's always crowded, and I get a discount coupon text from them every weekend. Their Facebook page was updated with a daily special yesterday:
https://www.facebook.com/TheVilleSt.Matthews/?fref=ts

Nothing is certain in the restaurant world, but I would be very surprised if the St. Matthews branch shut down.

That's good news. I had heard otherwise but wanted to see if anyone knew.