Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

Twelfth Night Celebration at Cafe Lou Lou Sunday!!

by Marsha L. » Sat Jan 05, 2008 6:39 pm

Shameless plug ahead - Robin, thanks in advance for letting me post this!!

Make your reservations now: tomorrow (Sunday the 6th) is Twelfth Night, the Feast of the Ephiphany and the traditional beginning of Mardis Gras. Most of you that frequent this board know that the restaurant is named "Lou Lou" due to the owners' having had restaurants in both Louisville and New Orleans. As a result, we really go all out for all the important days of Festival.

Costumed servers will be serving up Creole Gumbo, Red Beans and Rice, Jambalaya, Muffaletta and Blackened Red Snapper in addition to our regular menu items of pastas, sandwiches, wraps and pizzas.

I also wanted to mention that we've got a shiny new bourbon list with twenty-four permanent bottles, so if you come in please avail yourself of one of those or a traditional New Orleans Sazerac or a Hurricane. All our juices are fresh-squeezed in house daily. "Shiftly", on a good day!

(Uh, except for cranberry. We couldn't find a juicer that small.) :wink:

I'm gonna make King Cake for the first time and I have never eaten one, only seen the pictures. So....no promises, except that it'll have green, gold and purple icing. I'm supposed to hide a plastic baby inside but I think I might skip that part.
no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

by carla griffin » Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:32 am

Sorry Marsha, somehow I didn't see this until this morning or I would've loved to have gone. I've been wanting to find someplace that serves a good Sazerac and no one seems to know how to make one. What other Mardi Gras festivities are planned? _ As if I need an excuse.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Marsha L.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:56 pm

Louisville, KY

by Marsha L. » Mon Jan 07, 2008 3:27 pm

carla griffin wrote:Sorry Marsha, somehow I didn't see this until this morning or I would've loved to have gone. I've been wanting to find someplace that serves a good Sazerac and no one seems to know how to make one. What other Mardi Gras festivities are planned? _ As if I need an excuse.

Carla, I'm new to the crew at Lou Lou this year (this is my first Mardi Gras season with them), so I'm not 100% sure what else is planned, but you can be sure I'll post a notice when I find out.

The good news for you, Carla, is the NO Sazerac is always on our drink menu, and all our people know how to make them right - so come see us!