Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Taste of Thai

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Taste of Thai

by Carla G » Tue Dec 08, 2015 7:07 am

In Crestwood. In front of the grocery store next door to Walgreens. They just painted the exterior of the building a nice 'clay/brick' color and are currently working on the interior.
Can't wait!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Taste of Thai

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:59 am

Awesome! We need some fresh Thai in this town. Thai Taste on LowBrow has really gone downhill, and I haven't been that excited about Simply Thai lately. Keep us posted, Carla.
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:51 am

Robin Garr wrote:Awesome! We need some fresh Thai in this town. Thai Taste on LowBrow has really gone downhill, and I haven't been that excited about Simply Thai lately. Keep us posted, Carla.

Thai Taste has been closed for nearly a year. It was replaced by Great Wall that moved from the Dirty Kroger remodel. We liked the flavor of Thai Taste (the chef was the nephew of Mai Kungkran Meyers of Mai's Thai) but the building needed some serious cleaning & restoration work that impacted the business. Haven't tried Great Wall but other friends have had good meals there.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:09 pm

Yeah, Robin! Sheesh! We even talked about it here. Do you still live in the 'hood? :P

Great Wall is awesome for NY style Chinese, but it's no Thai.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:57 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Thai Taste has been closed for nearly a year. It was replaced by Great Wall that moved from the Dirty Kroger remodel. We liked the flavor of Thai Taste (the chef was the nephew of Mai Kungkran Meyers of Mai's Thai) but the building needed some serious cleaning & restoration work that impacted the business. Haven't tried Great Wall but other friends have had good meals there.

D'oh! I knew that, but I forgot. :oops: I'm almost certain that they sold to another Thai family for at least a while, though. Or maybe family of other Asian heritage and gave them the Thai recipes. It honestly took a nose dive before the change to Great Wall.
no avatar
User

Richard Meyer

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:23 pm

by Richard Meyer » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:19 am

Any update on Thai in Crestwood?