Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Buche de Noel?

no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Buche de Noel?

by Deb Hall » Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:48 pm

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to buy a great tasting Buche de Noel locally? A friend of mine is looking for options, and would love a recommendation if anyone has had one they loved.
Thanks,
Deb
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Buche de Noel?

by Mark R. » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:05 pm

It's been quite a few years since we bought one but the last one we bought we bought at Desserts by Helen. It was very good as most anything she makes is. I would guess that most of the major bakeries would make them but I'm not sure.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

by Jessica H » Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:18 pm

We make Buche de Noel at Sweet Surrender every year. We will be introducing them for the season next week!

We offer them in two sizes, the first feeds 8-12 for $35. The large feeds about 24 for $60. Ours is chocolate cake, which we offer with a few different fillings (chocolate or mocha or candied pecan), iced in ganache and then decorated with buttercream holly berries and meringue mushrooms.

Our Buche de Noel is also available by the slice. They will make their first appearance in our by the slice cake case on Wednesday of next week. This way you can try one before you commit to a whole one if you like.

We are offering a 10% discount on all Christmas orders placed before December 15th!.
Last edited by Jessica H on Fri Dec 04, 2015 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:15 pm

Jessica-
I already told her to check Sweet Surrender- your cakes are outstanding!
Deb