Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

fundraiser holiday cookie sale / Les Dames d’Escoffier LDEI

by Joel F » Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:26 am

Les Dames d’Escoffier have been based in Louisville for a long time and have recently started a Kentucky chapter.

They are having a fundraising holiday cookie / bake sale this Saturday, 5 Dec 2015

WHAT: Les Dames d'Escoffier inaugural holiday cookie sale
WHEN: Saturday, Dec. 5, 10 a.m.- 2 p.m.
WHERE: Copper & Kings distillery, 1121 E. Washington St.

CJ - article: http://www.courier-journal.com/story/li ... /75933812/

homepage of LDEI: http://www.ldei.org/

LDEI is the premier organization of influential professional women who are committed to the advancement of education and philanthropy in food, beverage and hospitality for the good of the global community.

KY chapter on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/LesDamesKY
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: fundraiser holiday cookie sale / Les Dames d’Escoffier L

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 12:24 pm

Joel F wrote:Les Dames d’Escoffier have been based in Louisville for a long time and have recently started a Kentucky chapter.

They are having a fundraising holiday cookie / bake sale this Saturday, 5 Dec 2015

Nice. Thanks for posting, Joel. Invite them to clue us earlier in future, and I'd be happy to help give them more advance publicity in our publications and social media.
no avatar
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

by Joel F » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:16 pm

Saw news of the sale in the C-J during a dental appt otherwise I'd have had no clue

I have messaged them on FB and indicated they should check out this thread and connect to hotbytes on FB etc

their FB posts show a tasty parade of offerings that will be for sale.
no avatar
User

Rachel Goldenberg

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:23 pm

Louisville, KY

by Rachel Goldenberg » Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:47 pm

I am Les Dames d'Escoffier Kentucky's social media chair. Thanks so much for sharing our event! I will remember to post here next time. So nice of you to offer to help promote in the future.

Our chapter just started a couple months ago and this is our first big public fundraising event. I've talked to several of the chefs and restaurants donating cookies and they all sound like their treats will be fabulous so we hope to see you there! All proceeds go to a great cause - scholarships for women in the culinary field and the Green Table fund.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:28 pm

Rachel Goldenberg wrote:I am Les Dames d'Escoffier Kentucky's social media chair. Thanks so much for sharing our event! I will remember to post here next time. So nice of you to offer to help promote in the future.

Rachel, it would be best if you'd do as I ask of PR folks, and that's let me know by PM or email in advance if you'd like an event publicized. I'm usually happy to agree, but we do want to curate publicity posts first. Also, if you're doing a major benefit, we can promote it here in the forum, and on the LouisvilleHotBytes.com Website and in our social media and print partners. Usually we are happy to do this pro bono, but do ask recognition as a media sponsor. It would be good to include us on your media list, in other words; frankly, I'm amazed that we aren't there already.