Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mango's Mexican Grill and Cantina

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Mango's Mexican Grill and Cantina

by Rich S » Sun Nov 29, 2015 4:50 pm

It looks like Mango's is getting close to opening at 6201 Dutchmans Lane, between Panera and Texas Roadhouse. (That's where Tilted Kilt and, long ago, Oldenburg used to be.) I assume it has some connection with the Mango's in the Fern Creek area, but I don't know that for sure.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Mango's Mexican Grill and Cantina

by Robin Garr » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:10 pm

Thanks for the update, Rich! I wouldn't mind if it's the same Mango's ... we were pretty impressed with the Fern Creek operation as maybe a skosh above the somewhat similar local chains like El Nopal, Los Aztecas, etc.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Thu Dec 17, 2015 5:29 pm

The place on Dutchmans apparently opened this week, and it is connected with the Mango's on Hurstbourne near Fern Creek, according to that restaurant's Facebook page. I can't tell if both locations have the same menu, though.

https://www.facebook.com/mangosmexicanr ... e_internal

http://mangosmexicanrestaurant.com
no avatar
User

Linda C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:38 pm

by Linda C » Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:54 pm

My husband brought me an order of fish tacos with sides of beans and rice. Terrible, soggy planks of tasteless fish, a very hot sauce, but nothing else but some sprigs of cilantro. I guess the lettuce was to be added, still had the taste and texture of mush. I would have preferred Filet-O-Fish fro the Golden Arches.