Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mofongo

no avatar
User

bobby.seeramlal

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Mofongo

by bobby.seeramlal » Thu Nov 26, 2015 2:41 pm

Is there anywhere in town that has mofongo on their menu?
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Mofongo

by Iggy C » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:31 am

I am pretty sure I have seen it at both Havana Rumba and Bodega Mi Sueno. The menu changes every day at BMS, though, so I would call.
no avatar
User

Adrian Baldwin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:29 pm

Louisville, KY

by Adrian Baldwin » Mon Nov 30, 2015 11:38 am

I wish...

Still dream about the many Mofongo's we had in San Juan & Vieques. Simply amazing.

We've made it ourselves with pretty great results though, you should give it a shot.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:00 pm

Mofongo is served asa fall and winter special at Seviche. It's killer mofongo, as good as any I ever had in San Juan. I'm sure one could call to check to see if it is the special of the day.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Jun 16, 2016 2:31 pm

http://louisvillemigo.com/

Small Plates

Mofongo

roasted pork & plantains
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

by juan.molina » Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:16 pm

Their taco prices say $5 to $7. That's pretty high for a taco. Has anyone been? Are they regular size tacos?

If they are regular size that could set you back $20. Never heard of tacos that expensive.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Jun 16, 2016 4:55 pm

That's what I thought at first, but this relates back to that other thread regarding the expectation that this type of food should always be cheaper than other food, that a taco is a taco is a taco, and that isn't always the case.

I have not had that particular dish, but I think their food is great and everyone I know who has gone has like it too, despite initial trepidation. But yes, two tacos and a side (a full meal to me) will run you about $20, close to the price of a similar-sized meal at the Havana Rhumba across the lot. That isn't always in the budget, but sometimes it is.