Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: World of Beer - Open in Brownsboro Crossing

by Adam Robinson » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:32 pm

Checked it out the other day since we've been at the hospital out there for quite a few days. Have to say I was actually pretty impressed. The only downside is how incredibly busy it is -- it was a long, long, long wait to get a seat. Beer selection is great, and the food is good, with a few things approaching really good, for what it is. If I were an Old Chicago fan, I'd probably move over to there. I wouldn't expect anything other than "above average bar fare", though.
no avatar
User

Scott S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 am

by Scott S » Mon Nov 30, 2015 4:10 pm

I was in a week or two ago to meet my family, and I couldn't believe they had no host/hostess or managed seating. There are way too many other options out there that don't force me to hover over people eating dinner just to nab their table, so sadly I won't be back unless it is at a time that I can be reasonably certain that I'll be able to get a seat.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:21 pm

Even if a restaurant had a host/hostess, if the tables are full, there's nowhere to sit, so we leave. So many options. We do that at Seaside. If we walk through Bud & Alleys and there's not a spot open at the bar, we leave, might walk back later or the next day.

The only time I don't like open seating is when it isn't well defined or explaines - sometimes around the bar, sometimes not. Each time we've stopped at WOB someone has been at the door to tell us that it's open seating.

Also, will never hover over a table to sit down waiting for people to leave. Really. And I do not like it when people do that to me. Got up to go to the restroom, husband sitting next to me at Wild Eggs, had to almost physically push a woman back from taking my chair.
SMH

Ellen
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:00 pm

I stopped by this evening and I'll have to admit to being seriously turned off by the free-for-all approach to getting a table. They had a few groups waiting, and the advice from the server was "if you see someone who looks like they're about to check out, go stand by their table." I really didn't feel like getting into a fight for a table so we went to Red Robin.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:08 pm

We've been talking about stopping over there but base in the last couple of comments I'm not so sure we will bother! The cost is minimal to have a hostess there to take names and seat people. I can understand having open seating for seats at the bar itself but for a table there definitely should be a method to the madness! :roll:

Has anybody been to any of their other locations? Is this normal for all of them or just something that they are doing locally?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Fri Dec 18, 2015 10:49 am

I won't stand by a table nor do I like others to do that.
We live close enough that we can stop by, see if there's a place at the bar. If not, no big deal.
It is nice to have the $5 apps from 3:00 to 7:00. M-F. They have a later hh too but a little different days.
We stopped in last night around 6:00 after not seeing a spot at Commonwealth Tap.
We shared two apps and 3 beers.
One annoyance, no detailed receipt. We will ask/demand one the next time. So far, we know what we've ordered. This time, the bartender said fries come with sliders. The menu didn't say that but it cost only $2.50 extra. VERY small amount of fries. Anyway, it's nice to have nearby.
Really noisy still but after awhile you tune it out.
Close by seating caused people to hit my bar stool every time they walked by. Man behind me had his chair a little too far out:-)
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:30 pm

The dry rub chicken wings with blue cheese were pretty good.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Dec 23, 2015 6:18 pm

If I was betting man, I'll bet that this is just another instance of the "Next Big Thing" and that 6 months from now (when the patio is open) seating won't be -nearly- the issue that it is now. In the meantime Old Chicago and Drakes are both nearby...both with a fairly robust selection of brewed beverages.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Mark R. wrote:We've been talking about stopping over there but base in the last couple of comments I'm not so sure we will bother! The cost is minimal to have a hostess there to take names and seat people. I can understand having open seating for seats at the bar itself but for a table there definitely should be a method to the madness! :roll:

Has anybody been to any of their other locations? Is this normal for all of them or just something that they are doing locally?

I went during off peak hours and had no problem at all. This place is definitely a beer first establishment. I got a Reuben and chicken wings. Not fine dining by any means, but decent bar grub for sure.
no avatar
User

Michael N.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:49 am

by Michael N. » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:14 pm

Good beer selection...but World of Loud.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Jan 26, 2016 6:06 pm

Paul S wrote:The dry rub chicken wings with blue cheese were pretty good.

+ 1
Andrew Mellman
Previous