Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ raves over Manny & Merle and its hot chicken

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:33 pm

The Courier-Journal gives Manny & Merle​ a rave review, 3 1/2 stars. They love the Nashville hot chicken, too.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /74799046/
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

Re: CJ raves over Manny & Merle and its hot chicken

by Ron Johnson » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:54 am

I think the CJ reviews have reached the point where they couldn't be any less relevant to the discussion of food and drink in Louisville. Sad but true. Looking back through the threads it is apparent that they garner less and less attention and comments. Not sure they deserve getting a weekly link to this site.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:05 am

Ron Johnson wrote: Not sure they deserve getting a weekly link to this site.

I hear what you're saying, Ron, but can't really agree. First, it's good to be encyclopedic, and that includes posting even from blogs and sketchy sources. And then, of course, the purpose is not necessarily to promote but to critique. If the CJ, or any other source - even my reviews :shock: - contains errors, misleading information or just something funny, this gives us an opportunity to air it.
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Fri Nov 13, 2015 6:14 pm

Well at least you are making sure that her reviews get a few hits on the CJ site. Otherwise, I fear they would just gather dust and cobwebs . . .
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 14, 2015 4:21 pm

Ron Johnson wrote:Well at least you are making sure that her reviews get a few hits on the CJ site. Otherwise, I fear they would just gather dust and cobwebs . . .

I've thought about that, because I am pretty sure that they blow up the number in as many ways as they can in order to woo advertisers, but perhaps because thedon't have that much influence anyway, I don't think our Mercy Links are going to make dollars rain down on them. :mrgreen: