Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ trashes Rocky's but awards 2 1/2 stars

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 05, 2015 9:56 am

Today the CJ absolutely trashes Rocky's - and knocks 1/2 star off the standard 3.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /74417376/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: CJ trashes Rocky's but awards 2 1/2 stars

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:03 am

Also, they say there's no good eats in Jeffersonville. Any Hoosier thoughts on that? Red Yeti? Mai's Thai? Come Back Inn? Hmm.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:30 am

Yow! I guess the CJ was selling too many papers in southern Indiana. Whew! Thank goodness they took care of that problem in no uncertain terms!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:14 pm

How in the world does she even get to 2.5 stars after that thrashing? 2 at best, one would think.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:24 pm

Can we just establish, once and for all, that the star ratings are arbitrary and likely set by someone in marketing rather than the reviewer herself? Every time we have a review we seem to have this discussion. I think the writing is on the wall on this one.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:26 pm

RonnieD wrote:Can we just establish, once and for all, that the star ratings are arbitrary and likely set by someone in marketing rather than the reviewer herself? Every time we have a review we seem to have this discussion. I think the writing is on the wall on this one.

You're right, of course, but that shouldn't deter us from chewing the gum until the flavor is all out of it. :lol:

I still want to know if she'll ever trash a restaurant that she featured in Secrets of Louisville Chefs. I have to believe that the Binghams, pere et fils, are both spinning in their graves about that.
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:22 pm

The gum is barely chewable and the flavor is long gone. :D
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Fri Nov 06, 2015 10:51 am

Does she write the headline/title? I have been led to believe that the writer doesn't - after many years of crappy sports headlines that don't match the article written.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Nov 06, 2015 11:42 am

Ellen P wrote:Does she write the headline/title? I have been led to believe that the writer doesn't - after many years of crappy sports headlines that don't match the article written.

She probably does not write the headlines, Ellen. I can tell you that at newspapers (at least back in my days as a reporter), the reporters filed our stories, and the copy editors wrote the headlines. This made sense in print publication, since the headline had to fit the space that the designers allocated for the story. At LEO, we can write our own headlines if we like, and the editors usually take them unless they're awful. :mrgreen: And of course, as a digital-only publication, we write the headlines on HotBytes without worrying whether they'll fit on a paper page. :)

But we're talking about the star ratings here, and I would certainly hope that the reviewer gets to make that decision, or at least recommend it.