Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

LouVino's new fall menu is out ...

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

LouVino's new fall menu is out ...

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 03, 2015 3:56 pm

Posted on Facebook ...
LouiVino wrote:FALL MENU now live! Check out our new Brunch menu as well! Make your reservations today on our new website!

http://louvino.com/food-menu-highlands/
no avatar
User

Tracey E

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:36 pm

Re: LouVino's new fall menu is out ...

by Tracey E » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:27 pm

The new items are great!

We had the mussels, which were a little small individually but a decent sized portion (and none were closed). The broth was amazing. I wish it came with more bread to sop it up!

One friend got the petit filet. I think this plate is a little pricey but the sweet potato/goat cheese gratin was delicious- a nice variation on the classic (I didn't try the steak).

Another friend got the meatloaf. I'm picky about meatloaf and rarely like the texture of restaurant versions. This one was yummy- dense and flavorful meatloaf wrapped in crispy bacon, with a bright and zingy tomato sauce.

I was so torn about what to have- the short rib mac n' cheese? the pulled pork? the quail? I finally decided to try the short rib egg roll, which was packed with meat. The demi, which is described as sweet, was not overbearing and a rich complement to the mashed potatoes. I loved the crispy kale, which gave a nice crunch to the dish (the spring roll was not particularly crisp, a minor complaint about a great plate).

I do wish that they had switched up the desserts a bit but the chocolate chip cookie beignets were a nice sweet bite at the finish.

We drop in often for happy hour and this new menu will have me coming back to try more of the new menu!