Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

CJ discovers LouVino is loud. 3 stars

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:41 am

The CJ says LouVino is loud, but 3-star good. Its wine list is ... worldly? I don't think that word means what they think it means. ;)

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /74005736/
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: CJ discovers LouVino is loud. 3 stars

by Mark R. » Thu Oct 29, 2015 9:49 am

Has anybody heard anything about the 2nd location in Middletown? They were planning on it opening by the end of the year yet construction hasn't even started.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:54 pm

I think she called the wine list "globe-trotting". But then, my access expired, so I can't say for sure. All in all, it was one of her better reviews.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 29, 2015 6:21 pm

SilvioM wrote:I think she called the wine list "globe-trotting".

Silvio, the exact headline (online and, I believe, in print) was, "Louvino's worldly wine list shines."

But then, my access expired, so I can't say for sure.
Does your Web browser have "Incognito Mode"? ;)
no avatar
User

Chad Coulter

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:43 pm

by Chad Coulter » Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:40 pm

Mark R. wrote:Has anybody heard anything about the 2nd location in Middletown? They were planning on it opening by the end of the year yet construction hasn't even started.

Mark - Chad from LouVino here. There has been about a 2 month delay over a dispute over 5 parking spaces that we need to remove to access our parcel. Yes, 5 parking spaces... out of 530 spaces. We are working through it but it is slower than expected. Permits and plans are in hand and we are ready to build... just waiting on this dispute to end.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Oct 29, 2015 11:39 pm

Chad Coulter wrote:
Mark R. wrote:Has anybody heard anything about the 2nd location in Middletown? They were planning on it opening by the end of the year yet construction hasn't even started.

Mark - Chad from LouVino here. There has been about a 2 month delay over a dispute over 5 parking spaces that we need to remove to access our parcel. Yes, 5 parking spaces... out of 530 spaces. We are working through it but it is slower than expected. Permits and plans are in hand and we are ready to build... just waiting on this dispute to end.

Chad, thanks for the update. You would think the owner of the plaza that would be more than willing to sacrifice 5 parking spaces rather than create an issue of it to have a business that is going to write a lot more customers to the area. Hopefully it gets straightened out soon.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

GriffinPaulin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

by GriffinPaulin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:57 am

louvino is awesome, and worthy of any number of stars received. It can be loud, but then, most busy restaurants are.
Griffin Paulin

I cook food.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:33 am

GriffinPaulin wrote:louvino is awesome, and worthy of any number of stars received. It can be loud, but then, most busy restaurants are.

Yeah, I'm on board with all that. I was griping more about the CJ's headline writers than about the eatery, which I also applauded (and mentioned the noise :mrgreen: ) when I reviewed it about a year ago.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:21 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
SilvioM wrote:I think she called the wine list "globe-trotting".

Silvio, the exact headline (online and, I believe, in print) was, "Louvino's worldly wine list shines."

Ah, it was in the headline. I'd prefer something foody in the headline of a restaurant, but oh well. And I do have IM, but it gets blocked on there too. Were the CJ worth it, I'd try harder.

Off-topic (but regarding worldly/globe-trotting wines), I happened upon a wine shop on market. It's been there for four years and I've never visited. Glad I saw it today -- a very nice place with a good selection/pricing.