Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

linda.benz

{ RANK }

Just got here

Fri Jul 31, 2015 9:27 pm

Re: Look a new Mexican place!!

by linda.benz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:52 pm

Lol!! Some of us with graduate degrees have the brains to avoid those "death defying" left hand turns! As to Hurstbourne Parkway being a parking lot; the poster must be confusing the section around I-64 with the old Limestone location. Traffic moves fairly well between Shelbyville Road and Westport Road.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Sun Oct 25, 2015 8:02 pm

I'm really glad I don't have your personality.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:09 pm

linda.benz wrote:As to Hurstbourne Parkway being a parking lot; the poster must be confusing the section around I-64 with the old Limestone location. Traffic moves fairly well between Shelbyville Road and Westport Road.

I wondered about that, Linda. One of my workplaces is just off Hurstbourne on Westport between the Big H and Goose Creek, so I travel the stretch north to 22 and south to Shelbyville Road fairly often. I wouldn't call it a bad traffic zone at all. In contrast with the bumper-car gallery from Shelbyville south.
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

by Mary Anne » Wed Nov 04, 2015 3:58 pm

Apparently they opened last week. A friend of mine went in for lunch late last week and I managed to get some details. Menu...apparently nothing out of the ordinary or particularly different than any other strip mall Mexican place. She said they were virtually the only people in there at lunch time. Service was good. Lots of food. She got fajitas, partner got something vegetarian. Two kinds of salsa brought to the table with chips, a white horseradishy sauce and a mild red salsa. So it's like Chuy's? I asked...no, not that interesting a menu was the reply. These guys have no Facebook page I can find, one 5 star Yelp review with a couple pictures...I think I'm going to have to march over and see for myself whatup. Anybody want to go to lunch?
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:33 pm

Mary Anne wrote:Anybody want to go to lunch?

Dang! Normally I go out to my Westport Road office :mrgreen: on Thursdays and would love to, but we did this week's meeting today followed by a special lunch-chon at 211.
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mary Anne » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:38 pm

It's not sounding like it's something to go out of your way to try, Robin...but I want to give them a shot before I sashay back up the block to La Cocina De Mama :wink:
no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Mary Anne » Wed Nov 11, 2015 3:41 pm

I finally made it for lunch. This is apparently part of a chain http://eatriogrande.com/, the supply truck with all the locations listed on the side was in the parking lot when we left. Two kinds of salsa were presented to us. One was ranch dressing with some green flecks and the other was pink in color, although it tasted like a mild tomato salsa, the paleness threw me. Winter tomatoes in November? I threw luncheon discretion to the wind and ordered a margarita, rocks...will not do that again. Last nights batch I think. I chose steak burritos al carbon, my lunch mate ordered chicken enchiladas. Mine was piping hot, hers not so much. Her plate was warm but the enchiladas were barely heated through. Her rice went untouched. I ordered all beans and found them to be edible. The burrito was OK. We couldn't find anything to say about anything that was outright bad, but nothing was really good either. It's strip mall Mexican. Plain and simple. Nothing exciting or anything that would make me want to run back for more. The lunch business seemed to consist of people that looked like they came from the surrounding office buildings. Service was attentive, food came out really quickly...it was clean...I'm struggling to find good things to say...which pretty much says it all...
Previous