Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

BDKollker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Outside the Box Nashvegas

Do we all need an enema?

by BDKollker » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:52 pm

Note: I have been holding this rant for two days, and can't anymore....

What is going on here with this site. It seems every time I get on this site lately to see what people are talking about food wise in Louisville, there is an argument about some trivial piece of information someone posted. I don’t post on here anything like I used to for fear of people going crazy about one of my opinions. And that is what everything on here is… opinions. I like things that you don’t, and you like things, that I don’t. It’s a simple fact. But it’s starting to get old seeing people bash other people’s opinions and stances, trying to force their ideals on others. Last time I checked this isn’t a religious website, it’s a site for people who generally love food and the value it adds to our lives. It’s a site that hopefully helps advance the growing popularity of great tasting and nourishing food that makes people think of Louisville when they want incredible food. Maybe its time for a huge group outing with all the mega posters on here, where everyone can just hug it out over a mass produced, domestic micro, or import beer, while smoking or not, and having as much time at a table or square foot of floor space as you like.

Here is to a new year filled with satisfying food and quenching drink and the advancement of the talent that the Louisville dining scene has to offer. I wish everyone nothing but the happiest and best that life has to offer.

End of Rant…

And let your bullets fly....

Prost!
Blake Kollker

Blakekollker.com
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:58 pm

How goes the planning for the trip to Spain? Do you have any winery visits set up?
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:59 pm

Amen!^^
Last edited by Michelle R. on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
User

BDKollker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:38 pm

Outside the Box Nashvegas

by BDKollker » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:04 pm

I believe Will Pullem is still working on a few (hopefully). But any and all help is still GREATLY appreciated. I am going to start sitting down and working out a daily itineary over the next few weeks.

Prost!
Blake Kollker

Blakekollker.com
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:18 pm

I've been thinking the same thing! Cheers!
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:27 pm

I think we should divide the forum into some new sub-categories:

- The Smoking Section.

- The Air quality controlled, smoke-free, hygienic, sanitized Shelter

- The Cicerone Speakeasy.

- Bud Light Love Ranch (and why regardless of what Deano drinks his crew is cooking circles around half of Louisville. Still!)

- 8664,65,71,264,265 and other subjects relating to numerical equations.

- The CJ/Velocity makes excellent fire-kindling (provided you didn't pay for it) Furnace/bonfire/crematorium

- Taquerias and their place in 4 star dining discussion box.

- the Super Mario Bros Pizza box, plumbers optional.

-the Anthony Bourdain-inspired 'Chef Show and Tell Show'.

- Corporate America vs. LouisvilleHotBytes - 'Cage fight to the death' Room.

- The Arena/Bridge Project/Mayor Jerr/Fourth St. Live! everything fun Circus.

- The bitch about anything not covered above; it doesn't matter, your opinion is wrong and subjective Soapbox.

- the 'I Suppose we still need a little bit of serious objective food coverage and discussion' Forums

Any other suggestions?!?! :D

i hope you all can sieve through the stench of sarcasm and facetiousness...
Last edited by Ethan Ray on Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Michelle R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 30, 2007 1:28 pm

Hikes Point

by Michelle R. » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:32 pm

Freakin' brilliant!
"If you're gonna be a bear, be a grizzly!"
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Do we all need an enema?

by Doogy R » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:37 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:I think we should divide the forum into some new sub-categories:

i hope you all can sieve through the stench of sarcasm and facetiousness...

Ethan, I really want some of that good stuff you are drinking. Seriously.

I LOVE bourbon. BTW, u r right on.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Jeremy J

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:30 am

Louisville, KY

by Jeremy J » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:40 pm

mmmmmmmmm pizza
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Re: Do we all need an enema?

by Ethan Ray » Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:48 pm

Doogy R wrote:
Ethan, I really want some of that good stuff you are drinking. Seriously.

I LOVE bourbon. BTW, u r right on.

the scary part is, i'm stone cold sober right now.

...but on my way out the door to Cumberland Brews!

ps. Eagle Rare 17 year, is my sipping bourbon of choice...
otherwise, i'm okay drinking $10 Evan Williams with ginger ale. :wink:
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
no avatar
User

Gretchen D.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:18 pm

the Highlands

by Gretchen D. » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:15 am

ipecac :roll:
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Do we all need an enema?

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:16 am

BDKollker wrote:Note: I have been holding this rant for two days, and can't anymore....

Good advice, and thanks, Blake. I'll quibble very slightly, as others have done, that no one here has in any way criticized Deano or Corbett's. But your points in general are well taken.

We're here to have fun, to talk about food and drink (and other Louisville topics) in a friendly, enjoyable environment. We've never opposed debate, but being civil is important. A reminder is not a bad thing, and thanks for posting it.

I would just add: It does NOT make you more of a man to get the last word. When a thread - ANY thread - devolves into one of those back and forths where you and an interlocutor are getting angrier and nastier, please stop and think: Just put down the keyboard and walk away. Let the other guy have the last word. No one will think the less of you. Some will think more of you.

Good advice for us all. I tend to shy away from censoring or nannying, but probably this time I should have stepped in before you did.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:19 am

Ethan Ray wrote:I think we should divide the forum into some new sub-categories:

This has to be one of the funniest (and best) posts in the history of the forum! I nominate it for the Hall of Fame.

And now, it's off to the Wrestling Cage with me ...
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Ethan Ray » Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:41 am

Robin Garr wrote:

This has to be one of the funniest (and best) posts in the history of the forum! I nominate it for the Hall of Fame.

And now, it's off to the Wrestling Cage with me ...

...well, i'm glad my post was well received, and that i still have at least a small amount of un-jaded wit left in me.

I think it's off to my blog for me...
(trying to stay more current)
and finishing the rest of my leftover firecracker chicken (i swear it gets spicier as leftovers, i barely flinched earlier today... now my nose is running and i can't feel most of my face. :D )
Ethan Ray

User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:51 am

Hallefrickinlujah BD!
Next