Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

La Chasse opens Friday night!

no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

La Chasse opens Friday night!

by David Clancy » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:08 pm

So, I had the privelege of dining at La Chasse last night for their soft opening/VIP (a rare occasion for a washed-up old chef like myself), and everything was fantastic! Disclaimer: I know these dudes pretty well so I will try to remain impartial. For all of you who were wondering what was going on in the old Palermo Viejo space on Bardstown Road, it is now a lovely new French insired Bistro headed up by Isaac Fox (ex. of Volare, Jack Fry's, etc) and Chef Alex (formerly of Le Relais). The transformation of the space has been going on now for over a month and I can tell you it is lovely. Isaac told me they have spared no expense on doing it right (the stemware, flatwear and plates are stunning!). As for the food, everything was well executed and on point. My freind and I shared the four course Prix-fix dinner and the Wagyu Flank marinated in 20 yr. sherry and Croque Madam with Quail eggs were both excellent! We also overheard several guests say the charred Octopus was also "the balm". While I am somewhat biased here, I will say that if dinner last night was any indication, and given their pedigree, these two guys are going to blow us all away right out of the starting gate!
Cheers -Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: La Chasse opens Friday night!

by Iggy C » Fri Oct 09, 2015 1:02 pm

I am going to have to give this a try. 21C, Milkwood, and Rye (I think?) all are big on octopus appetizers -- is that a national trend or just Louisville?

Also, "the balm" is the best eggcorn I have seen in a good while.
no avatar
User

Isaac F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:10 am

Re: La Chasse opens Friday night!

by Isaac F » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:13 pm

Thanks for the shout out, Dave! It's been a whirlwind ride the last couple of months, but absolutely thrilling to finally be open. Having a great chef like Alex Dulaney (formerly of Le Relais) as as a partner in this restaurant has certainly helped to ease the stress. Looking forward to next week!