Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Thanksgiving Dinner: Who's open? Any banquets?

by Robin Garr » Tue Oct 06, 2015 3:43 pm

I just had the first of the annual flurry of Emails from a reader who'll be in Louisville over the Thanksgiving holiday:

Can you recommend a restaurant for Thanksgiving dinner (for an extended family, 9 in total) that is not too expensive and okay for kids (especially for the 1.5 year old!)?

Any specific advice for this gent? And while we're at it, let's rush the season a little by opening this up to announcements for any local restaurants with special Thanksgiving plans.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner: Who's open? Any banquets?

by Mark R. » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:44 pm

Well I know that the English Grille will be having their annual great Thanksgiving extravaganza again this year. We just made our reservations today. It's certainly not in the line of what the email to you was looking for but it's certainly a great meal in tradition for families. The way they lay things out with a buffet for the appetizers and desserts but menu selection for the entrée spread the meal out nicely and gives you the opportunity to graze to your hearts content.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:16 am

Captain's Quarters does a real nice Thanksgiving buffet and could handle large parties but they would need to book right away because they fill up every year.

Also enjoy the Buffet at Science Hill (at Wakefield-Scarce Galleries -apologies for any misspellings). Their buffet is a little more traditional and, maybe, artisanal . Also a wee bit pricier but very good.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:27 am

The Oakroom always did a fantastic Thanksgiving when I worked there.

I'd imagine Patrick Roney is maintaining this tradition quite nicely.
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:56 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:The Oakroom always did a fantastic Thanksgiving when I worked there.

Concur, except that the original question came from a guy looking for an affordable meal for a party of nine.
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

by Ethan Ray » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:00 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Ethan Ray wrote:The Oakroom always did a fantastic Thanksgiving when I worked there.

Concur, except that the original question came from a guy looking for an affordable meal for a party of nine.

The obvious answer to this is a Chinese restaurant. :wink:
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:01 pm

Ethan Ray wrote:The obvious answer to this is a Chinese restaurant.

:lol:

Or Vietnam Kitchen! Seriously, I think they're looking for something in-between. I won't judge.
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:05 pm

I assume the Bristol will have a buffet as they have had in the past. Probably relatively inexpensive and certainly kid friendly. Not memorable, but a solid choice. Plenty of food choicest for anyone.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:56 am

Steve Shade wrote:I assume the Bristol will have a buffet as they have had in the past. Probably relatively inexpensive and certainly kid friendly. Not memorable, but a solid choice. Plenty of food choicest for anyone.

Ding ding ding! I think we have a winnah!

Nothing on their Website yet, but here's an image of last year's ad poster:
http://www.bristolbarandgrille.com/wp-c ... dinner.png

It would certainly be worth giving the Bristol a call at (502) 456-1702. Thanks, Steve!