Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Taylor Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:00 pm

Chinese Food with Mexican Flair

by Taylor Rich » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:34 am

Last night was rainy and chilly. I was in the mood for some hot tea, dumplings and sizzling rice soup. It was a great night for some Americanized-Chinese food! The Chinese restaurant near us is no August Moon, but it's above average compared to the other standard take-out places. It has a bar, cocktail menu, cozy atmosphere and friendly servers. Entrees range from $10-$15.
My husband and I ordered a couple dishes to share. I chose moo shu pork, a standard dish that stated it was "served with plum sauce and four pancakes." When it arrived I went to assemble the first pancake only to realize that I had been served a 10 inch flour tortilla. I had never encountered this before and asked the server if they had the mandarin pancakes that are typically served with moo shu. She explained that no, these were indeed the "pancakes" they use. She graciously exchanged my dish and I chose a spicy and delicious szechuan beef as a replacement. No complaints about the service or the food that we actually ate.

This is strange, right? The concerned manager came over to ask me about the returned dish. He said that they use the "thicker flour pancakes" because the other ones are too thin and fall apart. Dude...that was a flour tortilla.

So where can I get some good moo shu?
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Chinese Food with Mexican Flair

by Steve H » Sat Oct 03, 2015 11:52 am

Vietnam Kitchen