Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

World of Beer - New Louisville Location

by Steve P » Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:38 pm

:D .....Happy-happy-joy-joy...good news for the outside the Waterson east side hophead crowd.

https://worldofbeer.com/

https://worldofbeer.com/Locations/Louisville

I'm even hearing it will be "adults only" after 7pm....which...if true...is music to my ears.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

Re: World of Beer - New Louisville Location

by Michele Janosek » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:40 am

I think my hubby just shed a tear...his office is just off Chamberlain.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Mon Oct 05, 2015 2:24 pm

It was going to be next to Chili's but is going into a building facing Brownsboro in Old Brownsboro Crossing. The building also has a jerky outlet(?) and a Which Wich that everyone is raving about. The beer place is on the corner closer to the DQ than the Red Robin. They already have a tv on their patio (corner location). Will be curious about the beer selection, of course. Will check out the menu once but might be a retail store for Mike and me. Will see how it goes. Downtown, Germantown, Highlands, Frankfort Avenue, East End/Norton Commons - so many destinations and still more to come!
no avatar
User

BillB

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm

by BillB » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:41 am

Just for a moment I thought Sergio's was moving.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Since I stopped working at Cabela's I don't frequent the area as much as I used to but I swung through the parking lot today to get the lay of the land.

The main entrance is on the Cabela's side of the building, although it appears they will have signage on the Brownsboro Rd side of the building as well...tucked away like it is, they'll need all the signage they can get. The patio is nice, adjacent to the main parking lot but away from the majority of the area traffic...so one of the better outdoor patios in the immediate area.

I peaked through the window and it looked like they were probably wrapping up the last bit of construction...finishing touches on the bar, wiring TV's and sound system, etc. The furniture was in and looked to be made up primarily of high tops with soft stools (and no backs)...I didn't see a high chair or a booster seat anywhere (and trust me...I was looking).

Beer - figure 40-44 taps....ALL craft, not a single domestic-lite tap in the house. Bottles...who knows but it's in the couple of hundred range, again I didn't -see- any domestic-lite stuff on the menu but maybe they keep some in the back room somewhere. The menu is corporate pub-grub-ish...nothing cutting edge or over the tops...Flatbread pizzas, wings, burgers, a few salads...I'd put the food from the WOB in Pensacola (where we ate/drank) in the same category as (say) Drakes.

The Jerky Outlet looks like an interesting (quirky) little store...Jerky, hot sauces, etc...opens this Friday. I've seen the concept in other cities and it's usually been successful for a couple of years...then it goes away.

Poked my head in the door of the sandwich shop and I'll definitely be stopping back to place an order. It's a Subway -style- place (i.e. order at the counter) and it's certainly not very big inside BUT the sammies looked pretty righteous.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:06 am

BillB wrote:Just for a moment I thought Sergio's was moving.

Me, too. :wink: