Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Loui Loui’s Gets Menu Makeover

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:37 am

PS: White Castles are good, too. :oops:
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Oct 02, 2015 11:01 am

Robin Garr wrote:PS: White Castles are good, too. :oops:

I'll forego the crave comment (not really, I guess), but sometimes you just gotta indulge guilty pleasures.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:01 pm

Robin Garr wrote:I honestly think the hate tells us more about the haters than it does about the object of their scorn.

While this may this certainly could be part of the issue I really think the biggest part of the issue is the perception of people. Most people, myself included perceive Chili as what is traditionally called Texas Red for some close variation thereof. White Chili, Cincinnati Chili is one of many other types are normally quite good in their own respect but fall far outside of our normal perception of what is Chili. People that fall into that category really don't necessarily hate Cincinnati Chili but rather don't think of it as chili and thus many times their opinions of it are negative.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:24 pm

Steve Eslinger wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:I'll forego the crave comment (not really, I guess), but sometimes you just gotta indulge guilty pleasures.

On the other hand, you can get a vegan slider now! :mrgreen:
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:46 pm

Yeah, I had the veggie slider...once. I agree with your observation, seconded by others, that it would probably be better dressed as a regular slider rather than with whatever funky sauce you can choose. After all, their Dusseldorf mustard is one of the highlights of the place. Confession: My pockets are always bulging after my stop at the condiments counter. :twisted: Plus, who goes to WC thinking "yep, I'm going to have a nice, healthful meal." I will say their Sriracha chicken is pretty tasty.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Oct 02, 2015 5:16 pm

Steve Eslinger wrote:Yeah, I had the veggie slider...once. I agree with your observation, seconded by others, that it would probably be better dressed as a regular slider rather than with whatever funky sauce you can choose. After all, their Dusseldorf mustard is one of the highlights of the place.

Yep, have 'em make the veggie slider just like a regular slider: Steamed on onions, dressed with pickles, with your own Dusseldorf added as you like it, it's pretty much indistinguishable from the beef slider ... which, when you think about it, is not really all that recognizable as beef. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Venetta S

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:04 pm

by Venetta S » Sat Oct 03, 2015 6:48 pm

bob.durbin wrote:While I've never eaten at this establishment and have no knowledge as to whether or not they're any good, I do have an issue with the term "Detroit" style pizza. I'm from Detroit and for the first 31 years of my life, (moved in 2011), I can't recall one time ever hearing anyone refer to a pizza in this style as "Detroit". The pizza they seem to be making is a traditional Sicilian pan pizza. While this style of pizza may be common in Detroit, it's no more so than standard New York style round pizza.

I'm also from the Detroit area (Southfield) and when I heard of "Detroit" style pizza here in Lou I immediately thought of Buddy's back home. Loui's pizza is quite similar and reminds me of those great meals at Buddy's. I'm all for "Detroit" style pizza any day of the week. Now if I can get some "Southfield" style bagels here in Louisville I'll be a happy girl.
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:50 am

I'm with Robin. There is some seriously self important food snobbery and ignorant judgement going on in this thread.

I find it humorous. It also means less competition for the Detroit style pizzas, 4 way with onions and sliders! Woohoo!!
no avatar
User

bob.durbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:20 am

by bob.durbin » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:18 pm

Chris M wrote:I'm with Robin. There is some seriously self important food snobbery and ignorant judgement going on in this thread.

I find it humorous. It also means less competition for the Detroit style pizzas, 4 way with onions and sliders! Woohoo!!

I wasn't aware that voicing one's opinion as to whether they like or dislike eating something had become ignorant snobbery. Thankfully you have you to update us on these policy changes. Thanks fella.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:57 pm

Yeah, if not liking Cincy chili (or any chili, on my part) or WC sliders (never eaten one, but still....) makes me a snob, I can live with that. That makes less competition for, y'know, real food :!: :wink:
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:07 pm

Chris M wrote:I'm with Robin. There is some seriously self important food snobbery and ignorant judgement going on in this thread.

I didn't see any place that Robin mentioned anything about food snobbery nor ignorant judgment! People obviously have been expressing their opinions about foods they like or don't like that happens in almost every thread it's ever been started on this forum. That's the reason the form exists to discuss food. Not everyone likes or dislikes the same food, if we did then they would only be one type of restaurant in existence. I don't see where any of the restaurants discussed in this thread so far have been high-end but I certainly consider a minimum requirement for discussions of food to go into snobbery!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
Previous