Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Big Red Liquors??

no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

Big Red Liquors??

by Tony G » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:01 pm

Had a friend from Bloomington tell me yesterday that Big Red Liquors bought out some big liquor store chain down here? I know this isn't really "foodie" stuff but some people here seem to have inside information about these things. Anyone know about this?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Big Red Liquors??

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:47 pm

Tony, Liquor Barn is the only "big chain" liquor store I can think of in Louisville, and it was sold fairly recently by its Lexington owner to a Canadian firm, I'm told. I have no more details than that. But if Big Red is buying into a big Louisville liquor-store chain, I'd think that's about the only candidate. Most of our good shops here are indies.
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:41 pm

They purchased Chucks mini chain in Bowling Green a couple years back.

They have recently sold them to a few different owners who will keep the name but operate independently.
no avatar
User

Susanne Smith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:55 pm

by Susanne Smith » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Jerry sold Party Mart just a week or so ago to one of the Blues Bros. Todd? That is the only liquor store gossip I know of. Jerry will still be around for a year or so during the transition. I have heard the prices have gone up, but can't verify that for sure.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:36 pm

Susanne Smith wrote:...one of the Blues Bros. Todd?

Jonathan Blue.

Brother Todd moved to Houston.