Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

The Ville Tacqueria new location and a new restaurant

by Alanna H » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:06 am

Having moved from the Highlands to Hikes Point this weekend, I saw that there's a sign for The Ville Tacqueria in the McMahan Plaza shopping center (where the big renovated Kroger, Feeders Supply, etc are on Breckenridge Lane). This makes me very happy! No date listed yet, but they said on their FB page that they are opening soon!

Also, while picking up my UHaul I saw that the old fast food Chinese place at the corner of Broadway and Hancock has a new sign advertising Margo's Cafe- Healthy Home Cooking. I can't find anything about it online, but would love to know how it is if anyone's been there.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The Ville Tacqueria new location and a new restaurant

by Robin Garr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 5:59 am

Yes! Fabian sent me a note on Facebook yesterday ... he said opening in two months. Frankly, St. Matthews is closer to me, but I'm glad to see him prosper.
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:05 pm

As far as I can tell the restaurant on E. Broadway is not open yet. Hoping for a good place to make it there, none have since it was a KFC.
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

Mike Hardin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:24 am

by Mike Hardin » Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:57 pm

Alanna H wrote:Having moved from the Highlands to Hikes Point this weekend, I saw that there's a sign for The Ville Tacqueria in the McMahan Plaza shopping center (where the big renovated Kroger, Feeders Supply, etc are on Breckenridge Lane). This makes me very happy! No date listed yet, but they said on their FB page that they are opening soon!

Also, while picking up my UHaul I saw that the old fast food Chinese place at the corner of Broadway and Hancock has a new sign advertising Margo's Cafe- Healthy Home Cooking. I can't find anything about it online, but would love to know how it is if anyone's been there.

This is fantastic news! I live right around the corner from McMahan Plaza. A very welcome addition to the neighborhood.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:58 pm

Alanna H wrote:....Margo's Cafe- Healthy Home Cooking. I can't find anything about it online, but would love to know how it is if anyone's been there.

I pass it each day and this post got me curious, as the sign has been up since summer. I peeked in and the front looks refurbished, with clean KFC-like tables and scrubbed floors. However, the back isn't done and I have yet to see a person working on the interior or exterior, which is still a mess. Perhaps funding dried up? They also have a letter board beneath their sign in which they could have a "coming soon" message of sorts written, but the "open 'til 10" info that appears to be from the last Chinese place remains in place. If I see any signs of life, I'll pass it along.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue Sep 29, 2015 5:52 pm

Is this a second location, or are they moving?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:46 pm

MarieP wrote:Is this a second location, or are they moving?

The impression I got from Fabian's quick FB note was that it's a second location, Marie. The St. Matthews shop seems to be doing awesome business. I can hardly imagine that they'd move out.