Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Former Loop 22 - OIMG?

no avatar
User

Alexis Rich

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 08, 2009 7:24 pm

Former Loop 22 - OIMG?

by Alexis Rich » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:07 am

I noticed that someone has painted the facade of the former Loop 22/Pink Door/Corner Door space. There is a logo on the front that looks like some crossed arrows with the letters "O I M G" arranged in between them. Anyone know what's up? I just drove by and didn't peek inside.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Former Loop 22 - OIMG?

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:20 am

I got nothin', but great scouting report, Alexis! Now that you've thrown out the bait, I hope one of the gang can follow up ...
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

by Rich S » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:53 am

I'm thinking it's actually meant to be read as MIGO, not OIMG. This is what's going in there, according to Insider Louisville:

When Loop 22 closed in May, co-owners and chefs Adam Burress and Chance Mucerino promised to open a new restaurant at that Douglas Loop location — something more casual to fit the building’s atmosphere.

We now know that Migo, a taco-focused restaurant, will open in the space next month.

The new restaurant is "hard to put any one label on," Mucerino told Insider Louisville. The menu is incomplete, but it will be taco heavy and include a variety of appetizers.

With some work still left to do, Mucerino declined to say anything more about Migo.

His partner in the concept, Burress, is on a European vacation until next week, but after that, the duo will throw themselves into completing the concept. “Once I get back, it is pretty much go time,” Burress said. —Caitlin Bowling
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Rich, I just saw the same information you posted on insider Louisville. I was also going to post it here but you beat me to it. At least the mystery get solved fairly quickly.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

GriffinPaulin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

by GriffinPaulin » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:58 am

I saw the inside of the building last week and it's beautiful. think more hammerheads and game, less loop 22
Griffin Paulin

I cook food.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:17 pm

We can't wait! We are within easy walking distance of this place. :D

And Alexis- don't feel bad about getting the name wrong. I read the Insider Louisville story BEFORE I walked by Saturday night ( so I knew the name) . I still read that sign as OMIG... :lol:

Deb