Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Jeffersonville, Indiana

Need dining/meeting suggestions in Frankfort area

by Lois Mauk » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:27 am

I have a volunteer group that meets for monthly meetings/dinners. We usually meet at locally owned pizzeria in the Hikes Point area where we have a brief meeting and enjoy a meal. The menu is varied (pizza, sandwiches, salads, etc.), which is important for satisfying the whole group of 20 or more members.

We have recently had a increase in activity (greyhound adoptions) in the Lexington area and want to find a place somewhere between Lexington and Louisville to occasionally hold our meetings. We're hoping this will make it possible for our members in the Franklin/Fayette Co. area as well as Louisville area members to attend and get to know each other.

I'm looking for suggestions of restaurants in the Frankfort/Lawrenceburg area that offers a separate room for meetings or at least an area for pushing together tables for 20 or so people. The menu should be varied and reasonably priced.

Any ideas?

Lois
no avatar
User

Holly C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:53 am

by Holly C » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:02 pm

Last year when I asked for Frankfort dinner suggestions, everyone suggested Serafini, and I was very pleased. They might not be exactly what you're looking for, though, if you normally meet at a pizzeria. I'm not familiar with anything else in Frankfort, but I'm sure someone will speak up!
no avatar
User

robert szappanos

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:17 pm

louisville, ky

by robert szappanos » Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:53 pm

:lol: If you like Italian...Try Johny Carrino's...It is a nice place and I think they even have party room....It is right across the street from Wal Mart... :D
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:39 pm

Yup, Serafini is about the only place in town that is not either fast food, chain or downscale. Think you'd be happy there.
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Sat Mar 24, 2007 6:58 pm

Thanks, guys, for the suggestions. I worked in Frankfort for a couple of years in the late 1980s; there weren't a lot of places to choose from. I remember what a hubbub there was when Tumbleweed came to town! Up till then, the best non-fast-food lunches at Exit 58 were the Five Star Deli and Kroger.

I'll pass these ideas on to the meeting planners.

Thanks again.

Lois
User

Daniel Raines

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:21 pm

by Daniel Raines » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:15 pm

I don't know much about Serafini but there was a fire in the St. Clair Mall not too far from Serafini's about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I am not sure of the status of those businesses. I think the fire was concentrated a few parcels up but I don't remember how far and if it had any impact on any of the places there. You may call first and find out.
User

Daniel Raines

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 6:21 pm

by Daniel Raines » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:20 pm

My favorite places in town are actually Thai Smile, Bombay Brazier and Buddy's Pizza. I don't think this is exactly what you are looking for though and a couple of those may be a little small for the type of gathering you are suggesting.

I know a new Mexican restaurant called Miguel's opened up on Versailles Rd but I haven't been. The restaurant looks very nice from the outside and was built from the ground up.

A chain like Johnny Carinos or Chili's may be considered. :?
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:44 pm

Daniel Raines wrote:I don't know much about Serafini but there was a fire in the St. Clair Mall not too far from Serafini's about 2 or 3 weeks ago and I am not sure of the status of those businesses. I think the fire was concentrated a few parcels up but I don't remember how far and if it had any impact on any of the places there. You may call first and find out.

Serafini was closed for a couple of weeks but is doing fine now.
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

Miguels

by Madi D » Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:58 pm

Miguels just opened on Versailles road.. it would actually be perfect for your gathering. the interior is all spankin-new and they have a large room off to the side that, i believe, is a party room. The menu has all the traditional mexican favorites you would expect to find, plus lots of "american" choices thrown in (hamburgers, ribs, etc.)
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:04 pm

Miguels is, by the way, right off the Frankfort/Versailles exit (not even a mile down the road). about 40 minutes from louisville and less from lexington
User

Lois Mauk

{ RANK }

Foodie

Jeffersonville, Indiana

by Lois Mauk » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:03 am

The Frankfort/Versailles exit . . . is that Exit 58, east of the river? I used to work in that area.

I'll try to find contact info for Miguel's. Thanks.

Lois