Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Comfy Cow Brown Butter Peanut Brittle wins national award

by Robin Garr » Mon Sep 14, 2015 6:51 pm

Comfy Cow Brown Butter Peanut Brittle wins national award

The Comfy Cow’s Brown Butter Peanut Brittle ice cream has been named 2015 Ice Cream Grand Champion by the World Dairy Expo Championship. It prevailed through a competition among more than 1,200 entries including eight ice cream categories, emerging as Best of Show Ice Cream Grand Champion. Criteria in a blind taste test included flavor, body, texture, melting quality, color and appearance.

The Comfy Cow’s Brown Butter Peanut Brittle ioads a brown butter base with pieces of made-from-scratch peanut brittle, bringing together sweet, salty and nutty flavor notes.

Brown Butter Peanut Brittle will be available year round in Comfy Cow’s scoop shops. Brown Butter Peanut Brittle and many other award winning flavors are available online and in select grocery stores including designated Whole Foods Markets, Lucky’s Market and Kroger.
The Comfy Cow was founded in 2009 by Roy and Tim Koons-McGee. They currently have eight scoop shops throughout Louisville, Southern Indiana and Nashville, Tenn. Comfy Cow Ice Cream is also found in many Louisville restaurants and specialty stores, and Whole Foods Markets in PA, OH, and KY, and Lucky’s Markets and Kroger Stores in Louisville. Nationwide shipping is also available at www.thecomfycow.com. Follow @TheComfyCow on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
no avatar
User

GaryF

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:05 am

Re: Comfy Cow Brown Butter Peanut Brittle wins national awar

by GaryF » Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:00 am

Well, bah! I allow myself ice cream once a year and came thisclose to ordering this tonight. I can't complain- my selection was delicious.