Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Goshen

no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Goshen

by SilvioM » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:20 am

I will have an hour to kill for lunch tomorrow in the area of the Creasey Nature Preserve. If anyone could recommend a light, informal lunch spot in the area, I would appreciate it. Thanks.
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Goshen

by Terri Beam » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:02 pm

I'm a frequent visitor at Creasey Mahan. There aren't many options (if any) in the immediate area.

If you head back toward Prospect, Burning Bush Grille is the closest. I have a friend who raves about the place. If you like Mediterranean food, a gyro or kebab might make a nice lunch. Online reviews are ok. They also have wraps, salads, and sandwiches.

Other than that, in Prospect itself there are a couple of options, Blackstone Grille and Bistro 42. I can't say yea or nay on those because I've not tried them.
no avatar
User

Robert Carnighan

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:47 am

none

by Robert Carnighan » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:30 pm

I have lived across from CNP for 40 years. There are no places in Goshen or beyond. In 42 you have the Bush at the county line. Further in is Prospect Point with a sandwich place. In the Kroger's center you have the Bristol, the Prospect Breakfast Club that takes over an oriental restaurant for breakfast and lunch, Bistro 42 and a new Chinese place and the Kroger Deli. On upper river road at covered bridge road you have Dark Star (formerly on frankfort) and Captain's Quarters. If you are pressed for time, I would choose the Kroger Deli or the Dark Star (craft beers on tap).
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:32 pm

Off the top of my head starting at the Western edge of Prospect there is Captain's Quarters, Cunninghams, Darkstar Tavern and Cast Iron Steakhouse. On Highway 42 proper we have Bristol, Hanabi, Bistro 42, L&J Café (which is owned by the fine folks at Dragon Café),Subway and the usual outposts of chain pizza delivery and McD's.

Tucked in behind the Stock Yards Bank we have the mighty fine Sol Aztecas (who have the friendliest staff in town that treat you like family) and Arata Sushi. If you head down Carslaw Ct. past Sol Aztecas you find J Harrods on River Rd.

Follow River Rd to its end with U.S. 42 and you will find the old Winn Dixie shopping complex that holds Panda China, Blackstone Grill, To the River Café, Homemade Pie & Ice Cream and some fine sandwiches at Butcher's Best.

Wind your way up the hill and cross the Oldham County line and you have Burning Bush and Dragon Café.

You can also get a great bologna & cheese sandwich at the Goshen Country Store.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SilvioM » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:31 pm

Thanks a bunch, I will look carefully for these recs as I near it on 42, knowing that I'll need to backtrack. For those who live out there, expect plenty of traffic for the CC meet Saturday morning/afternoon.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Sep 11, 2015 7:44 pm

Ed Vermillion wrote:Tucked in behind the Stock Yards Bank we have the mighty fine Sol Aztecas (who have the friendliest staff in town that treat you like family) .

Sure that isn't Los Aztecas?

Also, Panda China is carryout only, and (IMO) nowhere near as good as L&J Cafe.

Finally, we stopped going to Pie Kitchen, as last time(s) there much of the food appeared to be at least "day old."

Otherwise, pretty comprehensive list!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:39 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:
Ed Vermillion wrote:Tucked in behind the Stock Yards Bank we have the mighty fine Sol Aztecas (who have the friendliest staff in town that treat you like family) .

Sure that isn't Los Aztecas?

Also, Panda China is carryout only, and (IMO) nowhere near as good as L&J Cafe.

Finally, we stopped going to Pie Kitchen, as last time(s) there much of the food appeared to be at least "day old."

Otherwise, pretty comprehensive list!

Quite right, sir! Los Aztecas! Agree wholeheartedly with the L&J Cafe comment. Their Black Pepper Seitan, Smoked Teriyaki Seitan and Malaysian Curry Stew are some of the best meatless dishes anywhere!
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

by SilvioM » Sun Sep 13, 2015 10:44 am

Ed Vermillion wrote:Quite right, sir! Los Aztecas! Agree wholeheartedly with the L&J Cafe comment.

I was going to go to L&J based on these recs, but I ended up eating a rare breakfast and wasn't hungry. After my such for a local coffee shop came up empty (I'm spoiled), I sat at Starbucks for a bit. The Los Aztecas is behind it and I saw a place called Gracious Plenty cafe, or something like that. I checked it out and picked up some carryout for dinner on my way back. Pretty good overall and, since I was there 15 minutes before they closed for the weekend, they only charged me half price.

Makes me feel less guilty for spending too much on a bottle of wine at that massive Kroger liquor store. :)
no avatar
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:41 pm

For any future visitors, Bidwell BBQ sets up shop across from Goshen Ln on occasional Saturdays.

http://www.bidwellbbq.com/

https://www.facebook.com/bidwellbbq