Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Thorntons Opens Kitchen and More at 8400 Dixie

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:52 am

I don't know that this is going to be a foodie destination, but still, file it under "good to know."

Thorntons Opens Kitchen and More at 8400 Dixie Highway
Remodeled store opened TODAY at 6 a.m.

Thorntons is proud to announce that the kitchen is now open at their newly remodeled store located at 8400 Dixie Highway, Louisville, KY 40258. This store concept focuses on bringing fresh food and thirst-quenching beverages to guest on the go and providing a variety of options throughout the day.

In addition to traditional roller grill items, this store will feature hot breakfast, lunch and snack items that are prepared fresh on-site. For breakfast guests can choose from a variety of sandwiches or burritos. Lunch options include pizza, sandwiches, fresh fruit and a variety of salads. For in between meals, guests can enjoy snacks like fresh soft pretzels or fresh baked cookies.

Other features of this store include a full bakery case and an ice cream bar. The bakery case is re-stocked daily with fresh items including donuts, pastries, cookies, and more. The ice cream bar offers vanilla soft serve and a variety of toppings including Butterfinger crumbles, M&M’s and Oreos.

This store is the next to open in the series of stores that are focused on making Thorntons a food and beverage destination. Guests can currently find these stores across the Louisville and Southern Indiana area.
no avatar
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

Re: Thorntons Opens Kitchen and More at 8400 Dixie

by Gary Guss » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:07 am

Lived through this idea back in the 60's with White Hen Pantry.. when I go to the gas station, I want to quickly get gas, coffee, and maybe some road candy, don't want to dine there or have it be a destination. I predict disaster..

GG
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:51 pm

This is far from the 1st Thorton's that has been remodeled or built this way. I'm not quite sure why this one rated a special announcement but I'm sure that they are trying to get as much hype as possible to build a business. We've gone into a couple of them are getting gas and the food is nothing special. It's filling and reasonably priced but that's about it. I actually think that the hot dogs (which is the only thing we've tried) are much better at the Speedways!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:29 am

I wonder if Thorntons is planning on doing something like that where the Holiday Inn used to be at the corner of Goldsmith Ln. and Bardstown Rd?
no avatar
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:09 pm

I believe the plan is to convert all Thorton's to this model...Here in Garage Logic ( Buckner) they aquired additional property behind the existing Thortons and plan to do a complete tear down/rebuild. As usual our stupid as f*** community "leaders" were -completely- unaware of these plans and as a result have no plans to deal with the additional traffic at an already dangerous intersection.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio