Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

"New Restaurant" at Coach Lamp?

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 11, 2015 10:42 am

Well ... maybe. After the highly promoted televised "makeover" a couple of years ago that didn't seem to change much, The Coach Lamp is changing again. They persuaded Business First that it's "a new restaurant."
http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/b ... 1441982485

I'm not sure how to define what makes a place "new," but let's say that the owners have redecorated and changed the name and menu. All kidding aside, I wish them well, but ... what do you all think? Is it a new restaurant?

Here's the announcement from their Facebook Event Page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/1159682330726711/

Brooke & Billy's Bites Bourbons & Brews
751 Vine St, Louisville, Kentucky 40204

We are pumped to invite you all to the Grand Opening of Brooke & Billy's this Saturday, September 12th beginning @ 5p.

It's going to be a GORGEOUS weekend so we expect the back patio to be hopping. We have plenty of food, bourbon & beer for everyone!

I recommend a bourbon to start, then the buffalo chicken wontons. The chop chop salad with a glass of Chardonnay. A frosty beer with one of our ginormous burgers (you will never leave hungry) and top it all off (if you have room) with dessert & a cup o' joe.

We have vegetarian options available as well as oodles of goodness for carnivores.

Everyone here is looking forward to the big night & we hope you are as well!
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

Re: "New Restaurant" at Coach Lamp?

by Richard S. » Fri Sep 11, 2015 11:21 am

One of the items featured on their menu is the "World Famous JD Chicken Sandwich." Made me wonder how the sandwich can be world famous when the restaurant hasn't even opened yet.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Sep 11, 2015 12:47 pm

Richard S. wrote:One of the items featured on their menu is the "World Famous JD Chicken Sandwich." Made me wonder how the sandwich can be world famous when the restaurant hasn't even opened yet.

Actually many of the things on their menu are marked as "Customer Favorites", not sure how they can be customer favorites since they have never been served! My guess is that they are ones they hope become customer favorites because they are easier to make or have a higher profit margin.

I also agree with Robin, I'm not sure how you can call it a new restaurant. It's the same building, same owners and most other things of the same except the menu and some paint. They've only been closed 2 weeks so you really can't make it a new restaurant and that length of time. Like Robin I also wish them well but I think they are pushing the point calling it a new restaurant.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:05 pm

New Coke?
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Sep 12, 2015 11:53 am

"World Famous" is like "Organic." Great for marketing, but has no actual meaning.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:27 pm

I don't know. I consider them both phrases that help you realize you're paying 100% more for a sticker that has absolutely no meaning.

/there are some "organic" labels I respect, though they're exceedingly rare
//most are just "We're testing your naivete" stickers.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Sep 12, 2015 1:20 pm

RonnieD wrote:"World Famous" is like "Organic." Great for marketing, but has no actual meaning.

To be fair, that was true of "organic" in the past, but it's regulated now, with real penalties for shucking and jiving:

http://blogs.usda.gov/2012/03/22/organi ... bel-means/

But "Natural"? That don't mean jack. :twisted:
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

by Lisa Stephenson » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:11 pm

I prefer to focus on the positives here: This LOCAL restaurant hired many LOCAL people/businesses to assist them with instituting the changes. Construction crews, artist, web designer, social media promoter, servers, product reps, and more.

Also, how is this new restaurant any different than:
"After launching his subterranean semi-formal spot in March as The Place Downstairs, Fernando Martinez along with recently added executive chef Allan Rosenberg will relaunch the restaurant this August as Cena, an Italian restaurant." :?: