Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Which breakfast restaurant do you prefer?

America the Diner
4%
Bread and Breakfast
2%
Con Huevos
10%
Eggs over Frankfort
4%
1st watch
6%
Highland Morning
2%
Super Chef
2%
Toast on Market
4%
Verbena
8%
Wild Eggs
29%
Zegg'z
4%
Other
24%

Total votes : 49
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Breakfast Restaurants

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Sep 09, 2015 10:27 am

Ron H wrote: started going to North End Café instead.

How could I forget North End Cafe? Breakfast whenever the place is open, and it's good!
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:50 pm

I'm definitely on the Con Huevos wagon. Only been twice (also not a big breakfast eater), but it's fantastic stuff and, as mentioned, Mexican touches are great with breakfast food. I don't know the economics of restaurant success, but a small place that I hope does enough business to succeed. Friendly people, great coffee too.
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

by TracyBasham » Mon Sep 14, 2015 12:56 pm

My husband, myself and another couple visited Con Huevos yesterday morning. It was out of this world! Excellent chilequles with chorizo. YUM!
User

Aaron Thomas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

Highlands

by Aaron Thomas » Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:59 am

Ron H wrote:Serious question RE: Highland Morning. Has the service improved any since they expanded? I went all the time when they first opened, but when it became waiting an hour for hash browns and not getting coffee refills--plus that one rude episode that happened to my wife that I've written about here before--I got sick of it and started going to North End Café instead. Has it gotten better? Is it worth a re-visit next time I'm in the mood? I never had complaints about the grub, just got some awful service there on more than one occasion.

I've been about 3-4 times over the last year and I've never received poor service. Coffee refills and food were delivered promptly. Might want to give them another shot.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

by Doogy R » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:36 am

May I ask why North End Cafe is not on this list? A long time and outstanding breakfast destination.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:33 am

Doogy R wrote:May I ask why North End Cafe is not on this list? A long time and outstanding breakfast destination.

Doggy, if you read my original post in this thread I explained that at I only included restaurants that are basically just breakfast restaurants and didn't include such restaurants as North End Café, Moca, etc. that have a great breakfast but also are open all day instead of just breakfast and brunch and whose menu also includes many other entrée type items. The only exception to that was for Super Chefs because in its original renditions it was only a breakfast restaurant. I too enjoyed the breakfast menu at North End Café As Well as several others but wanted to limit the choices somewhat and highlight the places that are strictly breakfast places.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

by Paul S » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:43 am

Prospect Breakfast Club, of course.
Previous