Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Help the Root Cellar - buy these chickens

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:41 pm

Help the Root Cellar recover from a rough situation AND get some awesome chicken! You'll need to move promptly, though.

The Root Cellar wrote:I went to Hopkinsville, KY yesterday to source a new chicken producer. I met some great family farmers and chicken processors and I am happy to say that Sauder Farms' chickens are available at the store. I bought 100 whole chickens at the end of my visit (ave weight 4.5lbs) and was on my way back to Louisville to unload when I had a blow out at the Joe Prather Highway on I-65. I managed to get the shredded tire off and put on the spare, only to find that the spare was not fully inflated and I broke the bead trying to get to a gas station to fully inflate it. The tow truck company said it would be 21/2 hours before he could get someone to me. All this time, the chickens are beginning to thaw!! I got back to the store and Ken and I put the thawed chickens in the cooler (they were still good and cold, but thawed nonetheless) and the still frozen birds went in the freezer. I have about 20 whole chicken that I will sell at cost to anyone who would like one. I need to move them in five days, or I will be cooking up a lot of chicken this weekend! Please ask me for one when you come in the store, if you are interested.

The Root Cellar
954 E Kentucky St (Corner of Swan and KY)
618-0663
http://www.louisvillerootcellar.com/
no avatar
User

alejandro.magallanez

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:12 am

Re: Help the Root Cellar - buy these chickens

by alejandro.magallanez » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:29 am

Saw their FB post last night. All the discount chickens are sold. All remaining bird will be sold at full price and he will be returning soon with more.
Alejandro Magallanez