Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Yet another Cuban restaurant at 2206 Frankfort

by Robin Garr » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:39 pm

We noticed on Frankfort Avenue yesterday that the "haunted" spot that has recently seen a couple of short-lived Mexican restaurants followed by two short-lived Cuban restaurants (Cubana and TropiCuba) has opened with yet another Cuban restaurant! It was midafternoon, so we didn't stop in, but they seemed to have several tables occupied. A nice person ran out and gave us a business card:

Caribe Family Restaurant and Bar
2206 Frankfort Ave.
432-2795
Osmel Rivera, owner

It listed a Twitter account:
@CaribeResBar
but they don't seem to be Tweeting yet ...
@CaribeResBar
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Re: Yet another Cuban restaurant at 2206 Frankfort

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:05 am

Orlando mentioned this in your recent review thread on the other Cuban restaurant.

Is the owner of the Frankfort Ave building a member of the Cuban community? Just trying to figure out how else it has managed to be three Cuban restaurants in a row, now.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:47 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:Is the owner of the Frankfort Ave building a member of the Cuban community? Just trying to figure out how else it has managed to be three Cuban restaurants in a row, now.

I've been told that the owner of the shop is the owner of the brass company across the street, who is not, as far as i know, Hispanic. I've also been told that his expectations of return tend to exceed what any restaurant within that space is likely to be able to fulfill. :(
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:16 am

Robin Garr wrote: I've also been told that his expectations of return tend to exceed what any restaurant within that space is likely to be able to fulfill. :(

This seems to be a too-common theme with restaurant investors.