Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Goodbye Andalous, Hello Fattoush

no avatar
User

TracyBasham

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:58 pm

Brandenburg, Ky

Goodbye Andalous, Hello Fattoush

by TracyBasham » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:54 pm

Saturday evening my husband and I headed out to Andalous for dinner. Upon entering the parking lot, we saw a banner hanging on the front advertising the new name, Fattoush. Im not sure if these are the same owners as before, however.

For an appetizer we had the hummus with beef. The beef appeared to be the same they use on the beef shawarma (which I had as my meal). The hummus is a little more lemony than I would make for myself, but still smooth as silk. We also tried the motawama. We weren't sure what this was since the description on the menu only said 'pureed garlic'. After a quick google search, I knew I had to try it. It indeed was an emulsified concoction of garlic, oil and lemon juice. OH SO GOOD!
My husband had the kufta kebob. 2 large meat patties, generously spiced. Served with rice and nice fresh crisp lettuce, tomato and cucumber salad. Overall is was a tasty meal and I look forward to going back.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fattoush ... 95?fref=ts
Last edited by TracyBasham on Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Re: Goodbye Andalous, Hello Fattoush

by James Natsis » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:28 pm

Based on the menu I pulled up on-line under Fatoush they now have just standard Middle East offerings. Too bad we can no longer get Moroccan couscous in town. At least I am not aware of any other place.
James J. Natsis