Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

Re: Le Moo sets Sept. 19 opening

by Steve H » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:09 pm

Le Oink is surely a concept I could support!
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:32 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Willie Myers wrote:Robin ,unfortunately no mention of Kevin Grainger here"?
http://www.asaecenter.org/Resources/ANo ... mber=18644

I don't know what to say. That was the conventional wisdom when Village Anchor opened. Kevin is a good guy, and a wizard advertising guy. I'm not really inclined to p!$$ on his campfire as he opens Le Moo.

Absolutely agree! I've not met him, but I love what he did with the Village Anchor, and have the highest hopes for what he might do w/Moo!
But regarding taking credit for the ad stuff, I
once quarried Joe Sedelmeier about that very topic. His response was, "Even the guy who drives the Pepsi truck to the shoot, will spend his life claiming, "Yeah...I did the Pepsi spot......" :)
Last edited by Willie Myers on Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Gordon M Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:16 am

German-Paristown and Highgate Springs

by Gordon M Lowe » Sat Sep 19, 2015 9:59 am

I don't think the name is that weird. I'm interested in seeing how they've remodeled.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:00 am

I'm interested in seeing a menu! I think they officially open tonight, is that correct?
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 22, 2015 10:28 am

Christina Hall wrote:I'm interested in seeing a menu! I think they officially open tonight, is that correct?

I think their grand opening was Saturday night. I'll hold off on a review visit until they've been running for a few weeks (and, perhaps, the crowds die down a bit), but they are open now.

Here's the Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/Le-Moo-1604623 ... /timeline/

And this is the website:
http://www.lemoorestaurant.com/

A menu of sorts starts here, with links to drill down into categories. It's mostly photos, no prices, and I suspect it's subject to change as they get into operation.
http://www.lemoorestaurant.com/#!menu/cqj0

If you go (Christina and all), please post your impressions!
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:09 am

Spinach queso and coconut shrimp. If only it was ironic, the hipsters would be flocking. I guess the late 80's is too recent to be ironic?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 22, 2015 11:14 am

Ron Johnson wrote:Spinach queso and coconut shrimp. If only it was ironic, the hipsters would be flocking. I guess the late 80's is too recent to be ironic?

Bear in mind that Kevin is (1) tapping a similar vein as Village Anchor, with irony abounding; and (2) hoping to keep all the KT's regulars, who likely have an '80s sensibility, along with luring a new clientele as an add-on, not a replacement-for. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

by MarieP » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:29 pm

My mom and I just ate there this evening. First thing, the price range is much higher than KT's ($40-$164 for a steak...) We each ordered the beef stroganoff ($18...the least expensive entree). It was quite flavorful, and it was a filling portion, but we were not expecting that kind of price at what I thought was going to be "mid-range." I think this would be a discouragement for most of the old KT's clientele!
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:48 am

I think if Le Moo got rid of the spinach queso dip there would be a riot of middle-aged people tearing the place apart brick by brick, myself among them.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:14 am

MarieP wrote:My mom and I just ate there this evening. First thing, the price range is much higher than KT's ($40-$164 for a steak...) We each ordered the beef stroganoff ($18...the least expensive entree). It was quite flavorful, and it was a filling portion, but we were not expecting that kind of price at what I thought was going to be "mid-range." I think this would be a discouragement for most of the old KT's clientele!

$164 for a steak !?!? Surely that was a typo and they top out at $64. If not, we better be talking the real Kobe beef.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:16 am

Steve Eslinger wrote:$164 for a steak !?!? Surely that was a typo and they top out at $64. If not, we better be talking the real Kobe beef.

Or a whole cow! :lol:
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:48 am

Steve Eslinger wrote:
MarieP wrote:My mom and I just ate there this evening. First thing, the price range is much higher than KT's ($40-$164 for a steak...) We each ordered the beef stroganoff ($18...the least expensive entree). It was quite flavorful, and it was a filling portion, but we were not expecting that kind of price at what I thought was going to be "mid-range." I think this would be a discouragement for most of the old KT's clientele!

$164 for a steak !?!? Surely that was a typo and they top out at $64. If not, we better be talking the real Kobe beef.

Nope, $164 was a price for a steak, but I believe it was 64oz, which would feed a table.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:50 pm

JustinHammond wrote:Nope, $164 was a price for a steak, but I believe it was 64oz, which would feed a table.

So, if their $40 steak is a half-pounder, it's (essentially) mathematically equivalent.
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

by Steve Eslinger » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:38 pm

64oz., eh? I sense a FOOD CHALLENGE! Too bad Adam Richman hung up his knife and fork.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
JustinHammond wrote:Nope, $164 was a price for a steak, but I believe it was 64oz, which would feed a table.

So, if their $40 steak is a half-pounder, it's (essentially) mathematically equivalent.

I must do math different.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
PreviousNext