Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Le Moo sets Sept. 19 opening

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 21, 2015 7:55 am

Le Moo, the massively redesigned former KT's, will open Sept. 19 after a week of "soft opening," owner Kevin Grangier (also of Village Anchor Pub & Roost) says on Facebook.

Kevin Grangier wrote: Hey there! Just wanted to let you know that our opening dates for Le Moo have been scheduled. Soft launch dates are September 11th-17th and our grand opening is Saturday September 19th. Please see attached invite to make reservations, seating is very limited. Hope to see you! Kevin PS: Our Le Moo page is now active, click the link https://www.facebook.com/pages/Le-Moo/1604623356423959 and 'like' us!

LeMoo-open.jpg
LeMoo
LeMoo-open.jpg (42.59 KiB) Viewed 6135 times
User

Paul T Carney

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 08, 2007 12:08 pm

Re: Le Moo sets Sept. 19 opening

by Paul T Carney » Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:31 am

Is it wrong of me? . . . good concept, great redesign, . . . but that name . . .
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
– Terry Pratchett
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:00 am

Paul T Carney wrote:Is it wrong of me? . . . good concept, great redesign, . . . but that name . . .

Here's my take on that: Kevin Grainger, the owner, was an all-star advertising and marketing guy on both coasts. He came up with the Nike Swoosh and the Dairy Association's memorable "Got Milk?" campaign. Kevin knows his stuff, a lot better than either of us, I expect. And if I had to guess, Le Moo is an ironic salute to "Got Milk." (I actually asked him this, and all I got was a wink. :mrgreen: )
User

Paul T Carney

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 08, 2007 12:08 pm

by Paul T Carney » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:29 am

Yes Robin, I totally get that, see what he's doing there... It just doesn't work for me, and in a very direct way... I'm having an allergic reaction to it . . .
Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
– Terry Pratchett
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 11:49 am

Paul T Carney wrote:Yes Robin, I totally get that, see what he's doing there... It just doesn't work for me, and in a very direct way... I'm having an allergic reaction to it . . .

Lactose intolerance! :mrgreen:

I expect that if Kevin gets a lot of pushback, he'll take another look, but he's been publicizing the restaurant and the name heavily on social media, and I haven't seen any complaints.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:29 pm

With a name like Smuckers, it has to be good.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:33 pm

I looked for it on social media, but I couldn't find what I think his vision is...

There's this video of a jazz/blues band going around that has this Amy Winehouse-styled affair. 8 piece band, all swaying in time.

Super sexy, super cool. Throw in some good meat and you have a treat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMIM0uaqhaQ
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Tue Sep 01, 2015 2:07 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Paul T Carney wrote:Is it wrong of me? . . . good concept, great redesign, . . . but that name . . .

Here's my take on that: Kevin Grainger, the owner, was an all-star advertising and marketing guy on both coasts. He came up with the Nike Swoosh and the Dairy Association's memorable "Got Milk?" campaign. Kevin knows his stuff, a lot better than either of us, I expect. And if I had to guess, Le Moo is an ironic salute to "Got Milk." (I actually asked him this, and all I got was a wink. :mrgreen: )

Robin, Kevin Grainger may have worked for Nike at one time, but he certainly did not "come up with the Nike Swoosh." Where did you get that info from? Caroline Davidson, a graphic design student at Portland State created the Swoosh. If Kevin or one of his folks indicated that he did, his memory is about as sound as new anchor Brian Williams's.

DD
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Tue Sep 01, 2015 8:26 pm

Derrick Dones wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

Robin, Kevin Grainger may have worked for Nike at one time, but he certainly did not "come up with the Nike Swoosh." Where did you get that info from? Caroline Davidson, a graphic design student at Portland State created the Swoosh. If Kevin or one of his folks indicated that he did, his memory is about as sound as new anchor Brian Williams's.

DD

Can't find much about him coming up with "Got Milk" either. Not saying he didn't, but he is not getting the credit if he did.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:17 pm

Derrick Dones wrote:Robin, Kevin Grainger may have worked for Nike at one time, but he certainly did not "come up with the Nike Swoosh." Where did you get that info from? Caroline Davidson, a graphic design student at Portland State created the Swoosh. If Kevin or one of his folks indicated that he did, his memory is about as sound as new anchor Brian Williams's.

I could be channeling a false meme about the swoosh, Derrick, but I'm pretty sure about "Got Milk." I recall checking all that out when Village Anchor opened, but that's been a few years now.
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Le Moo

by JustinHammond » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:40 pm

We got in last night and were very impressed. The space is not yet finished, but what is done is fantastic. The ribeye chili, crab/corn chowder, coconut shrimp, and 16oz prime strip and loaded potato were all great. The have an extensive craft beer list, 6 or so on tap and 30-40 in bottles, and tons of wine by the bottle and around 20 by the glass.

Put this place on your very short list.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

by Willie Myers » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:50 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Derrick Dones wrote:Robin, Kevin Grainger may have worked for Nike at one time, but he certainly did not "come up with the Nike Swoosh." Where did you get that info from? Caroline Davidson, a graphic design student at Portland State created the Swoosh. If Kevin or one of his folks indicated that he did, his memory is about as sound as new anchor Brian Williams's.

I could be channeling a false meme about the swoosh, Derrick, but I'm pretty sure about "Got Milk." I recall checking all that out when Village Anchor opened, but that's been a few years now.
Robin ,unfortunately no mention of Kevin Grainger here"?
http://www.asaecenter.org/Resources/ANo ... mber=18644
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:20 am

Waiting for Le Oink to open
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:04 am

Willie Myers wrote:Robin ,unfortunately no mention of Kevin Grainger here"?
http://www.asaecenter.org/Resources/ANo ... mber=18644

I don't know what to say. That was the conventional wisdom when Village Anchor opened. Kevin is a good guy, and a wizard advertising guy. I'm not really inclined to p!$$ on his campfire as he opens Le Moo.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Fri Sep 18, 2015 11:52 am

Gary Guss wrote:Waiting for Le Oink to open

Isn't it coming around the corner from Le Baa and diagonally across the street from Le Quack?
Andrew Mellman
Next