Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Wings

no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Wings

by Alanna H » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:59 pm

I make wings a lot at home, playing around with different sauces and seasonings. When I get them out I love the sweet Thai chili wings at Mellow Mushroom, the lemon honey wings at Mark's Feed Store (just wish they weren't so small!), and the traditional buffalo wings at Hooters #becausemydaughterworksthereandhooksmeup #don'tjudgefreewingsarefreewings
no avatar
User

Adam D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Aug 06, 2014 5:13 am

by Adam D » Wed Aug 19, 2015 5:02 pm

Mmmm I forgot about Momma's wings, although, when I brought up this topic I was kinda referencing more of the classic buffalo style.

I'll have to try out Wing Zone and Rootie's.

Ended up hitting up BW3 last night due to the Tuesday 65 cent wing special. I tried "Hot", "Spicy Garlic", and "Honey BBQ". The hot were probably the worst...the sauce has some sort of bitterness to it that I couldn't put my finger on but did pack a pretty quality kick. The spicy garlic were the best overall with a nice tang and garlic kick to them but very low heat. The honey bbq were good as well, they are the only flavor of bbq wings that I like. I used to go to BW3 a lot in years past during football season and found that the wings are hit and miss. If they are busy and the wings are fried fresh they are pretty decent - but if you get some pre fried wings that have been sitting for who knows how long and then spun in some sauce...yuck...
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:01 pm

I second Rootie's. They're the best Buffalo wings that I've had in Louisville. For something closer in, I really like Flanagan's and Highlands BoomBozz's Buffalo wings.

For non Buffalo, I second Momma's. Also, Smoketown USA has very good smoked wings and BoomBozz has excellent dry rubbed wings.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:10 am

Adam D wrote:I'll have to try out Wing Zone and Rootie's.

Be sure to write a report on what you think!
Andrew Mellman
Previous