Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

Re: You can help GRIND raise bucks via Kiva Zip

by Adam Robinson » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:40 pm

No ROI on the loan. Been giving money on Kiva for a long time. Pretty much always get your money returned to you. I know there are some problems with it, but I at least enjoy the idea people needing it are getting it temporarily.
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

by juan.molina » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:44 pm

Sorry Robin, I talk into my phone and try to translate, I speak Spanish but did not go to school for long. If I have to have lot of school to be on here I may be in the wrong place :oops:
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:30 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
juan.molina wrote:Thanks, not sure why Robin was so mean to me :oops:

Juan, what is your native language, by the way? I would have guessed Spanish, but the posts you put up in the "caliente" food thread didn't seem to be all that fluent, either.

The answer was an extremely rude response. Very insulting to Mr Molina. You implied he can speak neither English or Spanish properly.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Aug 20, 2015 5:32 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
juan.molina wrote:I guess the contribution word tricked me, not great with English but I looked it up, so I'm still confused :(

Just give them some frickin money, or get out of the way.

Wow
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:06 pm

juan.molina wrote:Sorry Robin, I talk into my phone and try to translate, I speak Spanish but did not go to school for long. If I have to have lot of school to be on here I may be in the wrong place :oops:

Juan, we're a friendly place, but some of your posts have seemed a bit ... quirky. I understand and respect a person who works without education, but I'm surprised to meet a native Spanish speaker who uses "caliente" in place of "picante" to talk about hot food. It almost comes across as someone using Google Translate to play a role. I hope I am wrong about that.

This place is a lot like a party. If someone walks in and starts a conversation, we like to get to know them. Why don't you introduce yourself? Tell us a little about yourself. Do you work in the restaurant industry? Do you live in Louisville?

We'd be happy to get to know you better, and then maybe we won't feel suspicious.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:08 pm

Steve Shade wrote:The answer was an extremely rude response. Very insulting to Mr Molina. You implied he can speak neither English or Spanish properly.

Steve, please don't try to be a co-moderator here. I'm paid to do that. Oh, wait, I'm not paid ... :oops:

No, seriously, if you have a question about something like this, shoot me a PM. Don't stir the pot and make things worse. And PLEASE don't continue to hijack a topic that, as I already said above, is about raising money for Liz and Jesse.
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

by juan.molina » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:47 pm

From Mexico, I live in Louisville but do not work in restaurant just like to try different foods. caliente can be used to mean like burning in the mouth. If you have a Mexican friend you can see what they say
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

by juan.molina » Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:56 pm

It was not nice here , but maybe it will get better
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:33 pm

juan.molina wrote:It was not nice here , but maybe it will get better

We'll see what we can do, Juan! This is like a big bar. Sometimes people get a little crabby, but they they hug and have another beer. :)
Previous