Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Stout's???

no avatar
User

Steve Kluesner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jul 28, 2007 2:37 pm

So. Indiana

Re: Stout's???

by Steve Kluesner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:25 pm

We were drawn to the place by the pictures posted on their website. We had reservations with this being a very small chain (not local either).

A real quick review....it was ok. Not kid friendly (my daughter's burger cost $12). Not much of a beer drinker these days so I may be missing the point with this joint. Probably would not go back given other options in the city.

I would not put it in my top 3 burger joints in Louisville...
no avatar
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:59 pm

I went twice in July and it was spectacular, at least my taste buds told my brain that. Once I had a Six Week burger (brie, fig jam, arugula) with onion rings & ketchup. Second time had a “Morning After” burger (bacon cheeseburger with an egg over easy on top) with fries & ketchup. Had no trouble at all getting ketchup. If memory serves it was delivered with my fries / rings rather than sitting in a bottle on the table. Wouldn't have gone the second time if I'd not got my ketchup as I don't eat rings or fries without it. Would not have considered messing up their excellently crafted burgers by adding ketchup or anything else to them, just need it for the sides.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:40 pm

I know I had some sauce with my rings, but it was back when they opened, so I don't recall what it was. I've seen several cups of sauces on plates, though no bottles Heinz or the like are nearby.

I'd put it a touch below Holy Grale and Grind, but not by much. I can't think of any others above it (not been to MBB). I agree that it's not a place for kids and, like HG, probably not a place to go if snooty beer isn't your thing.
no avatar
User

Kyle L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri May 30, 2008 10:47 am

Highview

by Kyle L » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:05 am

I've been a few times and enjoyed the Food/Beer. While I agree it's not the cheapest in Louisville, it ranks up with the best.
no avatar
User

Jason H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:01 pm

by Jason H » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:35 pm

It's okay. I will say that unlike a few other posts on here, it is not nearly as good as Mussel and Burger Bar. The burgers are not as big and the selection is smaller, but the price is only different by a couple of bucks. They do have a good beer selection for that end of the Highlands.
no avatar
User

meghan.levins

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:30 pm

by meghan.levins » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:23 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Thanks for the review, Meghan. Couldn't ask for more than candid honesty, well expressed. Keep 'em coming!

Thanks Robin, that means a lot! You might very well rue the day you encouraged me to "keep em coming" though :lol: I like this format at opposed to something like Yelp, though, because we can discuss and break down a review. I tend to be harsh on the Louisville food scene because it desperately needs critique from educated sources-the only way to keep a food scene constantly elevating itself.
Previous