Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Isreals Delicias de Mexico

User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

Isreals Delicias de Mexico

by Leah S » Fri Aug 14, 2015 7:06 pm

We went to have dinner tonight. Hours posted on the door are 11a - 10p. At 5 pm they were closed, obviously on a Friday night. Did I miss something?
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

Re: Isreals Delicias de Mexico

by Joni L » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:33 am

How ironic! I just read about this restaurant, and went to their Facebook page for more information. The last post from the owners was in July saying they would be closed for lunch for remodeling but opening that night. There are also a few posts from fans asking/noting that they were closed...

Doesn't sound good!
Jo
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

by Lisa Stephenson » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:25 am

We were there last Saturday. Hope all is well there because the food is fantastic!
AND it's BYOB!. They just can't have anything to do with serving it.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:58 pm

I just looked over their Facebook page and the following was posted in reply to somebody who posted that they were closed Monday for lunch:
Israel's Delicias De Mexico gourmet I am so sorry I was out the country in a emergency and my cook desired to CLOSED Sorry hope to see you soon

Hopefully they will return soon and reopen.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Just got this from a friend:
"I drove by Israel's place today and spoke to someone who works there. The restaurant isn't closed but it did shut down temporarily when Israel went out of town and a technical issue came up that required him to handle. They are open apparently."
Let's hope so--looking forward to going there soon!
User

Lisa Stephenson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:06 pm

Jeffersonville, IN

by Lisa Stephenson » Sun Aug 16, 2015 8:34 am

We went to Isreal's again last night (Saturday). They were open and very busy with only one server.
Hope he can find additional servers! That poor guy (server who looked 15ish) ran his tail off.
User

Bill P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:20 am

Depauw, IN

by Bill P » Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:56 am

Six of us went to lunch at Israel's yesterday (Saturday) and based upon the conversations afterwards, everyone of us thought the food was outstanding. This definitely isn't one of those "throw it in the microwave to reheat it" Mexican joints. Without a doubt the best Mexican food I've had since traveling extensively in South Texas almost a decade ago.The place was relatively empty at Noon on this Saturday, but by the time we finished at around 2 pm the front room was filling up and the middle room had a few tables occupied. There were a few minor hiccups with the service, but forgivable considering the server had only been on the job 2 weeks and certainly nothing that detracted from our overall experience. I'll definitely be back and soon.