Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Jonathan Searle to helm 21C restaurant in LEX

by Joel F » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:18 pm

Lexington's 21c Museum Hotel announced Tuesday that the restaurant in the historic First National Bank building will be called Lockbox in honor of the building's banking past.

The executive chef will be Jonathan Searle, who has served as executive sous chef at Proof on Main, 21c's Louisville hotel restaurant.

Searle began his culinary career in Lexington at Bellini's and Dudley's on Short. According to the company, he joined the kitchen team at Proof on Main in 2011...

The 102-year-old First National Building at West Main and North Upper streets is being transformed into an 88-room boutique hotel with a restaurant and bar, and a 8,500-square-foot museum and gallery space. Construction on the $43 million project began last year.

Lockbox, which like the hotel is slated to open in early 2016, will showcase local, high-quality ingredients for dinner, lunch, and breakfast daily, and brunch on the weekend. The menu will change frequently to focus on seasonal ingredients and will include options suitable for sharing, according to 21c.

http://www.kentucky.com/2015/08/11/3984 ... urant.html

http://www.21cmuseumhotels.com/lexington/
User

Ethan Ray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:30 pm

Re: Jonathan Searle to helm 21C restaurant in LEX

by Ethan Ray » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:16 pm

I realize a lot of you may not even have s clue who he is; but I can't say enough great things about Jonathan Searle.

We worked together when I was employed with 21c, and is nothing short of brilliant and ridiculously talented in the kitchen. One of the most humble, down to earth and kindest people I've had the pleasure to work with.

Lexington is in for a treat (again), knowing how much he's grown since we first met... Only can get better and better from here.

Congrats!
Ethan Ray

I put vegetables in your desserts, white chocolate with your fish and other nonsense stuff that you think shouldn't make sense, but coax the nonsense into something that makes complete sense in your mouth. Just open your mind, mouth and eat.