Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ruth's Krishna

no avatar
User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Ruth's Krishna

by Mary Anne » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:37 pm

Anyone else get their Lucky Peach magazine? I am an absolute idiot about Indian style food, but these guys are starting something I think is genius. Oh sure, it's a funny and catchy name but beyond that they are using a Tandoor oven to blast sear beef steaks marinated in yogurt and masala...serving it with biryani onion rings and aloo bhaji hashbrowns and creamed saag paneer. Yes, I said aloo bhaji hashbrowns. Will one of our enterprising local chefs please steal this idea and run with it (and invite me to the preview)?? http://www.ruthkrishnas.com/ Look at the pictures and drool along with me.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Ruth's Krishna

by Iggy C » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:49 pm

It is a cool and funny idea, and I would love to eat there, but Lucky Peach is David Chang's magazine, right? So his magazine voted his restaurant
America's best next steakhouse?

Otherwise, bring on the Indian fusion, the more the better.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:25 pm

175 Avenue B!? I lived right in that neighborhood for a few months back in the early '90s. It wasn't so gentrified then, although it was strarting. :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

Steve A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 13, 2008 10:13 am

turn left

by Steve A » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:32 pm

Mary Anne wrote:... Oh sure, it's a funny and catchy name...

It took a whole two minutes for me to figure out what's catchy about the name, but when I finally did I had vodka gimlet spraying out of my nose and my wife staring at me like I was from another planet.

Suffice it to say it's been a long day.
"It ain't a matter of pork 'n beans that's gonna justify your soul
Just don't try to lay no boogie woogie on the king of rock and roll."
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:50 pm

I think their first order of business will be to take the call from the other outfit's trademark attorneys.