Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Anthony Lamas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:41 pm

by Anthony Lamas » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:44 pm

Just spoke with my manager, and I found the problem and I will address this. My server was wrong, and that is NOT our policy!! I can promise you this will not happen ever again in either restaurant. If anyone knows me personally, trust me, I will make the point to my staff. Once again, sorry that is happened, especially on a special day like New Years Eve.
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Tue Jan 01, 2008 4:45 pm

We had lunch today at one of this board's favorite restaurants and the food was fantastic but the service was subpar in my opinion. The place wasn't terribly busy, it just seemed our server was uninterested. She and another server stood near our table looking bored and talking about what a sucky day it was.

It was our first visit to this restaurant and I kept thinking about this thread and wondering if I should cut the restaurant and the server some slack because it is New Year's Day. I decided no, I'm not cutting any slack because it's a holiday because if you're open your food and service should be up to usual standards. However, because the food was so good and everyone here always has good things to say about this place we'll give it a second go.

The point of this is to ask if you complain/speak to the manager when there is no one thing that was really wrong with the service (except for an incredibly long wait for a beverage) but the general attitude and interest level of the server is off putting? I know owners and managers say that they can't really do anything if you don't complain at the time of your unhappiness and I understand that but I'm not sure what I would have said other than "your server seems to be really bored with serving, the only time she seemed interested is when she had a big smile on her face as she left the check."
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
User

Beth K.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed May 23, 2007 2:18 pm

by Beth K. » Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:53 am

I can't say I would have been interested in talking to a manager at that point either. If I knew they wanted me gone, why would I want to stay? To feel uncomfortable or embarrassed?

I don't see why New Year's should be any different. If anything, I would think it would be more important. It's obviously a special occassion and many people spend money at restaurants that they normally wouldn't except for such occassions.
Previous