Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Sushi-Thai in Sheperdsville

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Sushi-Thai in Sheperdsville

by James Natsis » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:10 pm

I had to take my little guy to the dentist in Sherperdsville this morning. At the Cedar Grove exit on I-65 across from Loves and just before Amazon sits an interesting small building more fit for Brownsboro Rd than out yonder. I had lunch at the Sushi Thai restaurant and Grabbed a coffee at the cafe next door. The Thai place is nicely decorated with a sushi bar. The menu options are probably 50-50 Thai-Sushi. I had a tasty mussaman curry w/tofu with a house salad ($8). The family was friendly and proud of their business that has been there for 2 years now.

The cafe could have easily been located on Bardstown Rd.--need I say more.

Anyway, this little building is a true aberration in a good sense, to be sure.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Sushi-Thai in Sheperdsville

by RichardM » Fri Aug 07, 2015 12:07 am

Road Trip.

Can you post an address that GPS would recognize?

Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:20 am

I had no idea this place was here...will be checking it out very soon. Hate having to drive across town for sushi looks like not the case anymore. Thanks :D
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:37 am

RichardM wrote:
Road Trip.

Can you post an address that GPS would recognize?

Try this:

142 Buffalo Run Road,, Shepherdsville, KY 40165.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

by James Natsis » Fri Aug 07, 2015 3:43 am

BevP wrote:I had no idea this place was here...will be checking it out very soon. Hate having to drive across town for sushi looks like not the case anymore. Thanks :D

If you make it out there please post your experience. I'm curious about their sushi. The mom told me that her son had sushi background from previous work in Florida.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

by Terri Beam » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:54 am

I've been curious about that place for a while now. Every time I drive out to the 6 PM Outlet (fka Zappos), I've seen the little building and thought about stopping. I'm not sure why other than sushi and Shepherdsville don't seem to go together. :oops:

I love sushi, and I love Thai food so I'll put it on my To Do list.
User

Ron H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:10 pm

by Ron H » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:24 pm

The little coffee shop in that strip mall is wonderful, too. Worth a stop if you're traveling I-65 and much better than Starbucks or the gas station coffee you might otherwise be tempted to get.
"I like rice. Rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something." - Mitch Hedberg
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:51 pm

Suzi and I took a spin down to Shepherdsville today for a light lunch at the Sushi Thai restaurant.

Had a GREAT kanisu and they used toothpicks to hold the cuke wrapped around the crab. The shaved string carrots were so good in the rice wine vinegar I ate them up too. We had one roll, a Bahama roll with crab, lettuce, mayo and topped with shrimp and avocado. We had pan fried pork and vegetable dumplings. Nice dipping sauce for them.

The place is nice and was busy for an early Saturday afternoon. One of the tables was a 6 top and right before we were leaving there was a 5 top came in. Two others were 3-4 people. The booths are made from repurposed pallets. Was a nice look.

I would be up for a group convoy down to have a lunch or a supper if you wanted. And, if you want you can go next door to the quilt store and look at quilts with price tags on them for $2000.00 each. I am not lying. Hand stitched and pieced. Beautiful quilts but I am not sure I could stand to know I was sleeping under that much money.

I will tell you this. the bill for the food and two soft drinks for our lunch, was less than the tip for Suzi's birthday dinner last evening at Brasserie Provence.

So, seriously, anyone up for a group of us to go down and have Bullitt County Sushi and Thai food?

Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

StaceyBreckel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 13, 2007 9:13 am

by StaceyBreckel » Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:46 am

I will have to make a point to stop by this week. I've been meaning to for a while. Finding good thai in Shepherdsville would be a god send. There is nothing out here.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:57 pm

I forgot to post that my family stopped in last Saturday a week ago for lunch. I guess we were hungry because 3 out of four of the adults had sushi and thai, my son chose to have just thai. Now that it has been so long I honestly cannot remember what every one ordered, but do know we were all happy even my 2 and a half yr old Granddaughter. I know my sushi was very good and fresh. Lunch for 4 adults and 1 messy 2 yr old was 70 dollars after tax plus a well deserved 15 dollar tip.