Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Steve Coomes

no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Steve Coomes

by juan.molina » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:45 am

I saw on the news WDRB which I watch and it is on the website that he is suing the former owner of blog Insider Louisville. Seems like he did a lot of work and the Blog guy did not pay him. In Mexico, we did not accept that behavior. I hope that Mr. Coomes wins in court.
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Steve Coomes

by Iggy C » Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Sounds like a spicy lawsuit.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:58 pm

I've known Terry for a few years now and have written a number of guest blogger pieces for IL over the past few years. Terry worked countless hours to take the publication to the point to where current owners have been able to craft it into a "must visit" site for those interested in Louisville developmements and happenings.

This is between Terry Boyd and Steve Coomes. The reputations of both of these men are at stake. Lets respect both of the parties and let the courts review the facts.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:37 pm

Apparently the time in question was 2010-2012, so it's not really a reflection of anything that's going on with IL today.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:02 pm

Richard S. wrote:Apparently the time in question was 2010-2012, so it's not really a reflection of anything that's going on with IL today.

That's correct. It has nothing to do with the current owners which is clear in the reporting.
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:22 pm

Richard S. wrote:Apparently the time in question was 2010-2012, so it's not really a reflection of anything that's going on with IL today.

I'd be surprised if the court didn't just throw the suit out because it happened so long ago. I'm not sure what the statute of limitations is for things like this (quite possibly depends on the $s involved) but it seems like it quite possibly could already have expired. If it's much money I'm surprised Steve let it go that long.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:37 pm

Statute of limitations for an action on breach of contract is 10 years in Kentucky. 5 year if not written contract.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:25 pm

Seems like he did a lot of work and the Blog guy did not pay him. In Mexico, we did not accept that behavior.

Really tough to restrain myself on that one.
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

by juan.molina » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:46 pm

what's wrong Richard?
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

by juan.molina » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:46 pm

I looked at Steve Coomes reviews and they looked good to me.
User

Stephen D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Feb 03, 2008 3:41 am

Lyndon, Ky

by Stephen D » Tue Aug 11, 2015 12:16 pm

James Natsis wrote:I've known Terry for a few years now and have written a number of guest blogger pieces for IL over the past few years. Terry worked countless hours to take the publication to the point to where current owners have been able to craft it into a "must visit" site for those interested in Louisville developmements and happenings.

This is between Terry Boyd and Steve Coomes. The reputations of both of these men are at stake. Lets respect both of the parties and let the courts review the facts.

That's appropriate.

I will throw in a counter-argument for Steve. He's a very hard-working food writer and I enjoy his 'Restaurant Roundup,' as well as his work in other areas. If he's getting to Defcon 5, there has to be something behind it.