Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Mikato

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Mikato

by Carla G » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:09 am

On the 329 by-pass in Crestwood. Anyone ever eaten there?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Re: Mikado

by Jerry C » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:25 am

Ate there about 1 month ago...pretty much the same as all the other hibachi type restaurants.

Not worth the trip outside of Louisville.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:58 pm

I dropped by today to place a To Go order. (Heavy sigh)
The young lady at the door was very nice. I was the only person in the restaurant . (It was early.) I looked over the menu and asked if the rolls containing crab were indeed crab or the fake stuff. (There were no asterisks after "crab" nor was it spelled KRAB. ) It was the fake stuff. I politely told the young lady they may want to change that on their menu since that's false advertising and may produce an allergic reaction to an unsuspecting diner. "I had no idea!" She said and hurried off to tell the sushi chef. I watched while he looked at me and shrugged. (So?) she returns and I ordered some salmon roe. (From the back- "we are out." ) Okayyyyy. Have ANY roe? "No" so instead I ordered 2 different rolls neither containing KRAB, both containing eel. Get them home. Neither have any eel , both are packed full of fake KRAB.

I don't think I've ever bothered to post a negative review before. I figure it may have been an off day, mix up, whatever. But this was very different. If he can afford to be an a**hole, he can let his little restaurant survive without my business. Shame too. I would've been there weekly it's so close to my home. Not happening now.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

by Jerry C » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:01 pm

I consider the small cost involved in such an instance, money well spent in order to learn a lesson that will out live the restaurant.

My experience was not was not as "bad" as yours...but like I said before...not worth leaving Louisville for!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Mikato, not Mikado, please ...

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 15, 2015 9:52 am

Hey, boys and girls! I just had a note on the HotBytes Facebook page:

I read the message board quite a bit, Just like to point out that the newer Japanese place in Crestwood is not Mikado it's Mikato. With a T, Not a D.
http://www.mikatocrestwood.com/

Just FYI. :) (I changed the spelling in the original post, but was too lazy to change all the posts. :oops: )