Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Louisville Cream

no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Louisville Cream

by SilvioM » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:27 am

I picked up a pint at the Loop today. Crazy good ice cream! Pricey at $8 a pint, but creative flavors, so I hope this budding Kentucky Proud business receives plenty of support. Most of the flavors today are not on the site yet, so it seems like they are going to keep creating new ones.

http://www.louisvillecream.com/

I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I just like their product even though I'm not a big sweets person.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Louisville Cream

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:48 am

SilvioM wrote:I picked up a pint at the Loop today. Crazy good ice cream!

I really want to try it! I like Comfy Cow, but I'm not averse to trying other quality locals. Am I correct, Silvio, in thinking that it's available only at places like Douglass Loop farmers market, The Flea Off Market and other events? No retail?
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:58 am

Louisville Cream is being sold at McQuixotes Books and Coffee in Portland. It is wonderful. :D

We recently had a new ice cream. Bernoulli Ice Cream. They are based in J-Town and have open sales on Tuesdays at 408-A Production Court. Small batch at $5.69/pint, $8.99/quart. They have 18 flavors and add speciality ones. We had roasted blueberry at an event and it was fantastic. They also sell it at Louisville Coffee Company in J-Town near City Hall. I spoke to one of the owners and they are "living their dream" making ice cream. :D
Retired from LMEMS
Co-Founder and House Mother
Berndows Enterprise
"Time to eat?"
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm

They seem to be at the Flea Off on a monthly basis, but not the farmer's market. This was their second week there and, based on their website, I don't think they will be there next week since there is a Flea Off August 8-9. I'm not near Portland or JTown, so I'll need to keep tracking their movements. I'm not a huge ice cream eater, but their flavors intrigue me.

I got a pint of Ann Arbor City Limits -- chocolate with marshmallow swirl and choc chunks. Half of their pint flavors were gone at 10:20, 20 minutes after the FM opened. They were to receive another batch so I biked up there two hours later -- sold out again! Demand + Quality = Good Business.
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

by juan.molina » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:51 pm

does anyone know where I can get some jalapeno ice cream?
no avatar
User

Suzi Bernert

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:08 pm

Louisville, KY

by Suzi Bernert » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:06 pm

Bernoulli's is now at the Root Cellar and they are having a tasting:

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 5650026419
Retired from LMEMS