Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Gralehaus

no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Gralehaus

by Ellen P » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:46 pm

Got back on the new restaurant horse sooner than later.
Still have not made it to Holy Grale. Timing is always bad (5:00 opening). We tend to go Frankfort Avenue and downtown.
But did make it today to Gralehaus. Very good. Quaint little spot, nicely done, in my Granny's old neighborhood, the original Highlands. (Walked all over the area decades ago. Scotty's Market; Morrison's at the corner of Morton and Barrett; uncles hung out at Jack Fry's with Jack Fry:-).
Shared a burger and a pimento cheese/country ham open face sandwich (tartine?) Pimento cheese and pretzel for dessert to finish off the last 1 1/2 beers each. All food was very good down to the home made pickles. Blue Dog Bakery bread. Only had a couple items on the tap but lots of bottles/cans in reach in. Shared 3 different IPAs. Only negative - a few flies around. Extremely well done interior. Took me back to the old neighborhood. Ellen
no avatar
User

juan.molina

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:27 pm

Re: Gralehaus

by juan.molina » Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:31 pm

Their duck cracklin biscuits and gravy are good.
User

Paul S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:11 pm

Goshen

Re: Gralehaus

by Paul S » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:16 am

I like the biscuit and duck gravy. Although, I could see how it might be a tad too salty for some. I'll also give a nod to the coffee infused beer of the day.