Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Strati Wild Italian closed

User

SheilaKalajdžić

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:16 pm

Strati Wild Italian closed

by SheilaKalajdžić » Sun Jul 19, 2015 12:59 am

no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Strati Wild Italian closed

by Alanna H » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:01 am

I figured it was only a matter of time. I often drive past it twice in the evening (dinner hours, not too late), and it's always empty. I tried their food once and didn't care for it.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:02 am

It's sad, because those guys hit such a home run with Wild Eggs, and Wild Rita's is pretty good too. Yet something about Strati's never even lured me in. :(
no avatar
User

Adam Robinson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:39 pm

by Adam Robinson » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:25 am

SheilaKalajdžić wrote:It's too bad. They weren't open very long.

https://www.facebook.com/StratiWildItalian/posts/1632201707067012

Not a shock. I walk or drive by there almost a dozen times a week, and have never seen more than 3 or 4 people in there.
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:51 pm

That's a shame. My wife and I ate there several times and though the food was pretty good. The two of us could eat for $20. It never did seem crowded, though.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:26 pm

Sad. We tried it and liked it, but it never made it onto our regular rotation. Something about pasta being pretty easy to make at home.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:45 pm

Leah S wrote:Sad. We tried it and liked it, but it never made it onto our regular rotation. Something about pasta being pretty easy to make at home.

This is why, despite being initially excited about and only a few blocks away, we only went once or twice. The food was good, but simple enough to replicate -- unlike a Cafe Lou Lou pasta that is more complex and worth the money, imo.
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Mon Jul 20, 2015 9:12 am

We've been to a chain in Ohio called Piada Italian Street Food that had basically the identical concept and, liking it a lot, went to Strati expecting a similar experience. For some reason, though, the execution just wasn't up to the same level of quality. I couldn't quite put my finger on why.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:21 pm

I walked in there once, saw the layout, the options, the starry-eyed workers behind the counter and walked back out. Too many options nearby to take a chance on what would seemingly be a less than inspiring experience.

On a less than inspiring note, I was extremely disappointed last week in St Louis on "The Hill." An Italian restaurant in a longstanding Italian neighborhood: spongy, partially stale bread, and a marinara sauce that was pathetically bland. I was so irked over the experience. How can you get these fundamentals so wrong! Some of the other dishes that came out looked a little better. But.......

Getting back to Strata Wild. Frankly, I wasn't too crazy about the exponential decisions I would have to make just to get a simple over-the-counter pasta dish. I felt the same way at Blaze Pizza---I don't want to do that much thinking! The combination pasta/crust, sauces, toppings, and whatever else makes for too many variations.
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:54 pm

James Natsis wrote:Getting back to Strata Wild. Frankly, I wasn't too crazy about the exponential decisions I would have to make just to get a simple over-the-counter pasta dish. I felt the same way at Blaze Pizza---I don't want to do that much thinking! The combination pasta/crust, sauces, toppings, and whatever else makes for too many variations.

I really don't have a problem with a large variety of options, life is all about variety! We were never they are but I thought member reading that they had some standard combinations that you could choose rather than having to decide everything yourself. I know that blaze pizza has several standard combinations you can choose from so you don't have to decide. We like making the decisions as to what topics go on our pizza or anything else however because no 2 people like the same things! If you don't want to make that many decisions have you tried Noodles & Company? They have 9 different noodle dishes that have everything decided for you. You can change any of them with a different type of meat however if you want to or leave off certain vegetables you don't like but if you don't like making decisions that's the place for you!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:17 pm

No, I haven't tried Noodles Co yet. I like Yankee Noodle, so I would probably like it, as well.
James J. Natsis